- 94 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE: "The 2014 Troplong-Mondot performed to my expectation now that the wine is in bottle. It has a refined bouquet with black cherries, raspberry preserve and mineral scents that gain intensity in the glass, but never get carried away. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannin, tensile in the mouth but surprisingly linear and conservative, at least in the first half. It is fresh and precise, then delivers the weight and concentration as it fans out on the finish, a residue of white pepper tingling on the aftertaste. This is a delicious Troplong Mondot that should age with style and grace."
- 92-94 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST: "Barrel Sample. This wine is rich and concentrated, with great weight and personality?every element seems larger than life. The ripe plum flavors are forward and juicy. The finish has a subtle warmth of alcohol."
- 94 Punkte WINESPECTATOR: "Solidly built, with some heft to the core of raspberry, blackberry and boysenberry confiture flavors. Delivers ample cut and drive thanks to the racy graphite beam. Hints of ganache and Turkish coffee add a bass line without taking away definition or purity. Best from 2022 through 2035. 5,583 cases made."
- 94 Punkte VINOUS Antonio Galloni (Neal Martin): "The 2014 Troplong Mondot has a bold and assertive bouquet with blackberry and raspberry laced with dried rose petal and mineral notes, all beautifully defined. The palate is medium-bodied with a graphite seam on the entry suggesting this might be the Cabernet Sauvignon at Figeac. It feels very focused, structured and fresh, but there is something aloof about this Saint-Émilion that prompts Left Bank comparisons. Despite the high alcohol levels (unnecessary in my opinion) this does work. Tasted blind at the annual Southwold tasting."
- 96 Punkte VINOUS Antonio Galloni: "The 2014 Troplong Mondot is super-impressive. Dark cherry, plum, smoke, chocolate and dark spice notes meld together in this stunningly beautiful, opulent Saint-Émilion. Large-scale, ample and totally flamboyant in style, the 2014 is going to need time to fully come together, but it is striking even today. The blend is 90 % Merlot, 8 % Cabernet Sauvignon and 2 % Cabernet Franc."
- 93 Punkte DECANTER: "Voluptuous aromas of dense black fruits. Concentrated and chocolatey palate; a touch extracted but shows freshness on the finish. Tannic, but has no rough edges. Drinking Window 2022 ? 2040"
- 96 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "The 2014 Troplong Mondot is unquestionably one of the wines of the vintage, and this beauty has more intensity, richness, and exuberance than just about every other wine in 2014. A blend of 90% Merlot, 8% Cabernet Sauvignon and 2% Cabernet Franc brought up in 85% new French oak, it sports a deep purple/plum color as well as a smorgasbord of blackcurrants, blackberries, scorched earth, toasty oak, graphite, espresso, and earth. With full-bodied richness, beautiful purity of fruit, and a rich, yet weightless texture, it?s a big, yet classy, elegant, and seamless wine from Xavier Pariente that should be snatched up by readers. It?s already drinking well but has 20-25 years of prime drinking to go."
- 95 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "The dark, savory, earthy and plum aromas plus the serious tannins here give this wine a lot of character, but it really needs a couple of years to open up. The finish packs a big tannic punch. For the long term. Try in 2024."
|Wine Enthusiast:||93 WE|
|Vinous:||94 VS 96 VS|
|James Suckling:||95 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||94 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||96 JD|
|Klassifzierung:||Grand Cru Classé B|
|Rebsorte(n):||Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot|
|Reben:||90% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon|
|% vol Alk:||14,2|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Troplong Mondot, F-33330 Saint-Emilion|