- 96 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown. "The Smith Haut Lafitte 2016 Blanc is a blend of 90% Sauvignon Blanc, 5% Sauvignon Gris and 5% Sémillon matured in 50% new oak. It reveals gregarious pineapple and green guava notes giving way to tantalizing fresh grapefruit and green apples scents plus wafts of orange blossom, crushed rocks and honey drizzled peaches. Medium to full-bodied with a gorgeous satiny texture, the palate is jam-packed with tropical and citrus flavors, finishing long and deliciously savory."
- 94 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, James Molesworth: "This has a showy persona, with an alluring brioche note emerging already, carrying friendly creamed yellow apple, white ginger and pear flavors. The finish lets macadamia nut and verbena accents glide in seamlessly. The finish is long and refined thanks to well-buried acidity. Best from 2021 through 2029. 1,833 cases made."
- 95 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin: "The 2016 Smith Haut Lafitte Blanc offers a complex, intoxicating bouquet of grapefruit, mirabelle and Japanese yuzu infused with crushed stone; touches of strawberry develop in the mouth. The palate is very well balanced and full of tension, and the lip-smacking acidity is very well judged. Very focused and brimming with energy right to the finish, when you request "more, please." Divine."
- 96 Punkte DECANTER, Andy Howard: "One of Bordeaux’s finest dry whites. With a refined palate, subtle oak, perfect balance of luscious lime fruit and fresh acidity, this is beautifully constructed. Intense, with a touch of pepper on the palate and a hint of lanolin, this will age beautifully. Drinking Window 2020 – 2035"
- 18 Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON, Julia Harding: "Wow! I want to drink this as soon as I smell it. Intensely fresh agrumes aroma with pure delicate cedar, the oak barely evident the fruit is so precise and sure-footed. Richer than I expected on the palate, the creamy citrus flavours spreading across the palate and the freshness taking it to the back palate. Multidimensional. Deep, mouth-watering, already delicious but much more complexity to come."
- 99 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "The white of the vintage is the 2016 Château Smith Haut Lafitte Blanc. It’s a magical elixir based on 90% Sauvignon Blanc, 5% Sauvignon Gris, and 5% Sémillon that was brought up in 50% new oak. Deep, layered, and powerful, yet also vibrant, it has sensational notes of crushed citrus, liquid rock, white flower, lime pith, and honeyed grapefruit. It shows the classic, balanced style of the vintage yet offers thrilling depth and concentration and is a tour de force in white Bordeaux. Drink it any time over the coming two decades. Get it if you can!"
- 97 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "Fabulous aromas of white-peach pie, lemon, grapefruit and cream. Complex. Full-bodied, dense and linear. Bright and creamy texture. Gorgeous grace and complexity. Lasts for minutes."
|James Suckling:||97 JS|
|Jancis Robinson:||18,0 JR|
|Klassifzierung:||Grand Cru Classé de Graves|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||96 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||99 JD|
|Rebsorte(n):||Sauvignon Blanc Semillon Blanc|
|Reben:||90 % Sauvignon Blanc, 5 % Semillon, 5 % Sauvignon Gris|
|% vol Alk:||14,0|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Smith Haut Lafitte, F-33650 Martillac, +33 5 57 83 11 22, www.smith-haut-lafitte.com|