- 90-92 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "The 2017 Les Hauts de Smith Blanc is 100% Sauvignon Blanc and offers up intense notions of lemon curd, white peaches and grapefruit with touches of mandarin peel, jasmine and lime zest. The palate is medium-bodied and incredibly elegant yet super zippy in the mouth, with a lively line cutting through the intense citrus flavors, finishing long and zesty."
- 90-92 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Roger Voss: "Barrel Sample. There is a lightly herbal character to this perfumed wine. With its zingy, tense character, the wine is bright and fruity while also having a rich aftertaste. Drink from 2020."
- 90-92 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin: "The 2017 Les Hauts de Smith Blanc has a crisp, orange blossom, hazelnut and chalk-scented bouquet that opens gradually in the glass but feels quite “neutral” compared to the Le Petit Haut Lafite Blanc. The palate is clean and fresh on the entry, quite sappy and saline in style with modest weight towards the finish. The 50% oak is nicely integrated here and it should evolve into a fine white Pessac-Léognan."
- 90-93 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2017 Les Hauts de Smith Blanc, 100% Sauvignon Blanc, is bright and precise, with the extra bit of textural depth that is typical of the vintage. Lemon, grapefruit, mint, white flowers and salt give this tense, crystalline white much of its personality. The 2017 is very nicely done."
- 93 Punket DECANTER, Jane Anson: "They have managed to get the Haut de Smith signature in this wine, and for me it is one of the most successful whites of the vintage in terms of accessibility and affordability. It has so much personality, showing grilled apricots and concentrated, rich citrus, with rosemary and sage edging and a mineral lick on the finish. The acidity gives persistency and lift, but it feels tame and under control. Harvested 24 August to 9 September, so at least 10 days earlier than usual. 50% new oak. An obvious buy for the vintage. Drinking Window 2018 – 2025"
- 93-94 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "This is really pure and bright with beautiful sauvignon blanc character of sliced lemons, limes and hints of grass. Medium to full body and fresh acidity. Crisp and exciting."
|Wine Enthusiast:||91 WE|
|Vinous:||91 VS 92 VS|
|James Suckling:||93 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||91 RPWA|
|Klassifzierung:||Grand Cru Classé de Graves|
|Rebsorte(n):||Sauvignon Blanc Semillon Blanc|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Smith Haut Lafitte, F-33650 Martillac, +33 5 57 83 11 22, www.smith-haut-lafitte.com|