- 92-94 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE: "The 2016 Siran is a blend of 46% Cabernet Sauvignon, 44% Merlot, 9% Petit Verdot and 1% Cabernet Franc picked from 26 September until 20 October. The alcohol level is 13.9% with a pH of 3.61. The nose, for want of a better word, is very charming. No, not powerful nor is it flamboyant, yet the aromas are nicely focused and it has a disarming sense of purity: blackberry, bilberry and just a very faint hint of liquorice. The palate is medium-bodied with sappy black fruit, good grip in the mouth and fine purity. This is a strong follow-up to the 2015 Siran and tasting the two side by side, this is one of the very few occasions in the appellation where I think it might surpass it. Edouard Miailhe has radically improved Siran in recent years (see last year's report) and this is certainly one to watch."
- 94-96 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST: "Barrel Sample. This is another chateau that's on the rise. This vintage has produced a powerful wine, solid with tannins and concentration. It also has all the fruit that this year has produced. It will age well, being ready to drink in 10 years."
- 93 Punkte FALSTAFF: "Tiefdunkles Rubingranat, opaker Kern, dezente Randaufhellung, frische schwarze Beerenfrucht, Nuancen von Cassis und Kirschen, feiner Edelholztouch. Mittlere Komplexität, Herzkirschen, feine Fruchtsüße, feine Tannine, lebendige Struktur, zarter Nougat, mineralischer Nachhall, klassischer Appellationscharakter."
- 93 Punkte DECANTER: "A highly attractive vintage for Siran, with a darkly spiced frame coming from a high 9% of Petit Verdot (a grape that did particularly well in 2016), blended with 46% Cabernet Sauvignon, 44% Merlot and 1% Cabernet Franc, with a pH of 3.61. The estate has a new winemaker this year in Marjolaine DeFrance. There are clear touches of the florality of Margaux and this is an excellent wine, less succulent than 2015 perhaps, but with intensity, staying power and beautifully poised fruit. This is an estate that just keeps getting better and is a name to follow."
- 94-95 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "This is a great follow-up to the 2015! Full-bodied, chewy and powerful. Solid core of ripe fruit and intense tannins. A triumph... again."
|Wine Enthusiast:||95 WE|
|James Suckling:||94 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||93 RPWA|
|Rebsorte(n):||Petit Verdot Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|Klassifzierung:||Cru Bourgeois Exceptionnel|
|Reben:||46% Cabernet Sauvignon, 44% Merlot, 9% Petit Verdot, 1% Cabernet Franc|
|% vol Alk:||14|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Siran, 13 Avenue du Comté Lynch, F-33460 Labarde, +33 5 57 88 34 04, www.chateausiran.com|