- 92-94 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE: "The 2015 Siran is a blend of 55% Merlot, 38% Cabernet Sauvignon and 7% Petit Verdot picked between 17 September to 12 October. It is raised in 25% new oak plus one-year barrels. It is a little richer and more opulent than its neighbor, the 2015 Dauzac, due to the higher proportion of Merlot. It veers to more red fruit here, wild strawberry and later cassis. The palate is smooth and sensual on the entry, very well defined with a keen thread of acidity. It grips the mouth, implying that there is more Cabernet than there actually is. I like the volume here, and unlike previous vintages that seemed to show some warmth on the finish, here the finish is much more linear and controlled, fanning out gracefully but with power emanating from that Merlot. This is likely to be proprietor Edouard Miailhe's best wine in recent years."
- 93 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST: "Soft, ripe and juicy, this is an immediately attractive wine. Its tannins are already well integrated into the black-currant fruits and rich berry flavors. The wine will mature relatively quickly and should be ready to drink from 2021."
- 92 Punkte WINESPECTATOR: "Plush, with crushed cherry and plum fruit flavors carried by hints of violet, chocolate and lavender. The long, velvety finish features a gentle swath of roasted cedar moving through. Best from 2020 through 2030. 10,000 cases made."
- 90 Punkte DECANTER: "Fine Margaux florality and very good depth of fruit. Almost has the breed of a cru classé with good natural charm, tannins and acidity for the future."- 17 Punkte RENE GABRIEL: "Sattes Purpur-Granat, dicht in der Mitte, lila Schimmer aussen. Delikates Bouquet, in der blaubeerigen Süsse zeigen sich fein florale Noten. Im Gaumen mit mittlerem Druck, zeigt Charme und gehört zu den eleganteren Varianten."
- 93 Punkte NEAL MARTIN: "The 2015 Siran has a very poised and focused bouquet with pure black cherry, blackcurrant and violet scents that could only derive from this appellation. The palate is medium-bodied with sappy black fruit, crisp acidity, firm tannin and toward the end it becomes more masculine in style. It is a very well-crafted Siran clearly built for long-term aging; therefore, give this 5 or 6 years at least so that it can show you what it can do. Edouard Miaihle has overseen one of his finest wines in recent years. Anticipated maturity: 2022 - 2045."
- 94 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "Beautiful dark and bright fruits with blackberry, blueberry and licorice aromas that follow through to a full body and round and lightly chewy tannins. Gorgeous texture. A long and flavorful finish. All here. Best ever. Drink in 2022."
- 91 Punkte VINOUS Antonio Galloni: "The 2015 Siran has much to offer. I had hoped the 2015 would lose some of its rough around the edges character during aging. Although that did not happen, the 2015 is nevertheless loaded with personality and character. A host of savory herb, smoke, lavender and tobacco notes add layers of nuance throughout. The blend is 46% Merlot, 43% Cabernet Sauvignon and 11% Petit Verdot."
|Wine Enthusiast:||93 WE|
|Neal Martin:||93 NM|
|James Suckling:||94 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||93 RPWA|
|Rebsorte(n):||Petit Verdot Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|Klassifzierung:||Cru Bourgeois Exceptionnel|
|Reben:||46% Merlot, 43% Cabernet Sauvignon, 11% Petit Verdot|
|% vol Alk:||14|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Siran, 13 Avenue du Comté Lynch, F-33460 Labarde, +33 5 57 88 34 04, www.chateausiran.com|