- 91 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Neal Martin: "The 2014 Siran has a very refined bouquet with blackberry, briary and light tertiary aromas. There is fine precision here, understated compared to the Sirans of old. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannin and a keen line of acidity. Linear in style and a little conservative towards the finish, but showing freshness from start to finish. Edouard Miailhe, proprietor of Siran, has really upped the ante here and this 2014 is just a classic Bordeaux claret that should drink well from the start, yet has the substance to suggest it will age with aplomb."
- 92 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Roger Voss: "Siran is in the south of the Margaux appellation just where the gravel outcrops rise above the river. It shows its fine position in this tannic wine. It has all the black-currant fruit buried for the moment under the structure. It is a serious wine that will repay aging. Drink from 2022."
- 92 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin: "The 2014 Siran has a fresh nose with mint, fennel and sage infusing the black fruit. It gains delineation with time, that mint note ebbing away. The palate is medium-bodied with fine grain tannin. There is a pleasant symmetry here, understated and linear, but nicely focused with a tensile, structured finish that lingers nicely in the mouth. This is a well-crafted Margaux courtesy of Edouard Miailhe. Tasted blind at the annual Southwold tasting."
- 91 Punkte DECANTER, Steven Spurrier: "This exhibits a big, ripe, fleshy, blackberry nose, with vibrant fruit and a deep red colour. It's sumptuous, concentrated and very rich, balanced by bold tannins yet not too extracted. It's quite spicy and just lacks a little drive on the finish, but this is a fine offering from this increasingly impressive estate. Drinking Window 2018 – 2028"
- 90 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "While I wasn’t able to taste the 2015, I purchased a bottle of the 2014 Chateau Siran for this report. It’s a charming, elegant 2014 that offers good ripeness in its black cherry, currants, licorice, and damp earth aromatics, as well as subtle minerality with time in the glass. With a touch of herbacousness, medium body, integrated acidity and a good finish, it’s an impressive, classic Margaux to drink over the coming 15 years or so."
- 92 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "The red and black fruits and delicately herbal character make this quite a complex wine. For this appellation and given the wine’s youthfulness, the balance of fruit, tannins and alcohol is almost seamless. Drink in 2020 but already gorgeous."
|Wine Enthusiast:||92 WE|
|James Suckling:||92 JS|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||90 JD|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||91 RPWA|
|Rebsorte(n):||Petit Verdot Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot|
|Klassifzierung:||Cru Bourgeois Exceptionnel|
|Reben:||53,5% Merlot, 38% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8,5% Petit Verdot|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||“The 2014 vintage is the fruit of an Indian summer. » From the end of August, sun, light and heat settled in permanently, constituting the longest, hottest and driest Indian summer for 100 years! Maturation took place in exceptional conditions, the plots were picked without any particular stress, depending on the full maturity. The Merlot grapes, at their peak at the end of September, express suppleness, aromatic richness and unctuousness. The Petit Verdots, with their very colourful juices, follow closely and keep a great aromatic freshness. Finally, the Cabernets are concentrated with an ideal balance between aromas and power. Harvest: From September 24 to October 15, 2014|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Siran, 13 Avenue du Comté Lynch, F-33460 Labarde, +33 5 57 88 34 04, www.chateausiran.com|
In der aktuellen Sprache gibt es keine Bewertungen.