- 96+ Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "A blend of 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, 4% Cabernet Franc and 1% Petit Verdot, 50% of the 2015 Pontet-Canet was aged in new French oak, while 15% was matured in second fill barrels and 35% in cement amphorae. Deep garnet-purple in color, the nose opens with exuberant black currants, red currants and black raspberries scents plus an evocative undercurrent of cedar chest, dusty earth, cloves, chocolate box and Provence herbs with a fragrant waft of lavender. Medium to full-bodied and built like a brick house with very firm, wonderfully grainy tannins and black and red fruits charged with the most singular energy, it finishes with incredible persistence and depth."
- 97 Punkte und "Cellar Selection" WINE ENTHUSIAST, Roger Voss: "Succulent fruits, rich tannins and juicy acidity are in perfect harmony in this wine produced from biodynamic grapes. It has a rich, velvet texture and dense structure, sumptuous and already balanced and delicious. However do not be fooled, this is a serious wine for aging. Drink no earlier than 2026."
- 94 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, James Molesworth: "This sports a lovely core of gently steeped plum, blackberry and black currant fruit, carried by velvety structure, while smoldering tobacco and charcoal notes fill in through the finish. Fleshes out steadily in the glass, revealing more juniper, bay leaf and loam accents. Best from 2022 through 2035."
- 97+ Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "Proprietor Alfred Tesseron and winemaker Jean-Michel Comme produced an absolutely stellar Pontet-Canet in 2015. Sumptuous, racy and totally inviting, the 2015 is all class. Super-ripe dark cherry, plum, spice and exotic floral notes build as the 2015 shows off its alluring personality. Even with all of its raciness, the 2015 speaks with authority and power. Fine tannins extend the persistent, highly nuanced finish. The 2015 is 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, 3% Cabernet Franc and 2% Petit Verdot aged 50% new oak, 4% in terra cotta and 15% in neutral oak. Tasted three times."
- 96 Punkte FALSTAFF, Peter Moser: "Dunkles Rubingranat, violette Reflexe, zarte Randaufhellung. Zarte Kräuterwürze, ein Hauch von Lakritze, schwarze Kirschen im Hintergrund, rauchig unterlegte Mineralität. Kraftvoll, saftig und süß, perfekt eingebettete Tannine, schokoladiger Touch im Abgang, eingelegte Kirschen im Finale, bleibt sehr lange haften, sicheres Reifepotenzial, aber schon jetzt antrinkbar."
- 94 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "Straight off the nose this hits you with rich, dark fruits, spice, and the promise of longevity. There is a real focus and purity to the fruit, but the depth of flavour and firm wall of tannins leave you in no doubt that it's a Pauillac. This has so much depth, with an inky, pencil-lead aspect on the attack, but what becomes clearer through the palate is in fact the freshness and the opening up of the fruit. As ever at Pontet, winemaker Jean-Michel Comme is searching for less and less intervention in the winemaking process, with the cellar moving away from any electricity at all. The 2015 wine has been aged in amphoras as well as in oak barrels. Bottled in July. Drinking Window 2025 ? 2040"
- 96 Punkte INTERNATIONAL WINEREPORT: "The 2015 Château Pontet-Canet is yet another success from this estate. This gorgeous blend of 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot and 5% Petit Verdot begins with inviting aromatics of dark red cherries and blackberries which are laced with spring flowers, graphite, tobacco and spicy nuances all soaring from the glass. On the palate this is full-bodied, layerd and beautifully structured with a lovely opulent texture and remarkable overall balance. While this is already showing a ton of early appeal, it also possesses all the signs for a long, graceful evolution ahead."
- 95+ Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "The 2015 Pontet Canet is 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot and the rest Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot brought up in 50% new oak, and 35% in amphora. With textbook Pauillac notes of lead pencil shavings, tobacco leaf, smoke, and licorice, as well as a core of pure crème de cassis fruit, this beautiful, full-bodied, impeccably balanced is one of the few 2015s that?s going to demand cellaring. The tannin are high, yet sweet, and like its bright acidity, nicely integrated into the wine. Forget bottles for 5-7 years and enjoy over the following three decades. I don?t put this as the level of the 2009 and 2010, but it?s still a beautiful wine. Tasted three times."
- 98 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "So much floral and dark-fruit character with almonds and walnut shell. Full body and ultra-fine tannins. Powerful. Classic style with a harmony and energy. Goes on for minutes. A superb wine with great fruit. Real Bordeaux. Try in 2025."
|Wine Enthusiast:||97 WE Cellar Selection|
|James Suckling:||98 JS|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||95 JD|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||96 RPWA|
|International Wine Report:||96 IWR|
|Klassifzierung:||5. Grand Cru Classé|
|Rebsorte(n):||Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot|
|Reben:||65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, 4% Cabernet Franc, 1% Petit Verdot|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Pontet Canet, F-33250 Pauillac|