- 97 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2016 Pichon-Longueville Baron offers a suave and seductive nose of warm red and black currants, black plum preserves, truffles, tapenade and rose hip tea with touches of sandalwood and Chinese five spice plus a waft of iron ore. Medium to full-bodied, firmly structured and packed with mineral and exotic spice-laced black fruits, it finishes very long with compelling herbal sparks."
- 96 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, James Molesworth: "This gushes with dark fig and black currant compote flavors backed by lively sweet tobacco and singed alder edges. Very fleshy in feel, though there's ample grip to keep this red grounded, echoing with tar and humus accents through the finish. A thumper. Best from 2025 through 2040. 13,500 cases made."
- 96 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin: "The 2016 Pichon-Longueville Baron electrifies the olfactory sense with a stunning bouquet of intense blackberry, cedar and graphite aromas that are quintessential Pauillac. Over a few minutes, it blossoms in the glass, gaining more and more depth. The palate is medium-bodied with slightly tarry black fruit, cedar and truffle, dovetailing into a saline, peppery finish that leaves the tongue tingling. Christian Seely and his team have imbued recent vintages of this Pauillac with unerring symmetry, and the 2016 can be added to the canon of triumphs."
- 96 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2016 Pichon Baron is seamless and racy from start to finish. Sensual and super-expressive, with soft contours, silky tannins and exceptional finesse, Pichon Baron is one of the more accessible wines in its peer group today. Plum, mocha, leather, spice and chocolate all build effortlessly. As outstanding as Pichon Baron is, the 2016 gives the impression it is playing things safe. It would be nice to see a little more daring and risk."
- 96 Punkte FALSTAFF, Peter Moser: "Tiefdunkles Rubingranat, opaker Kern, dezente Randaufhellung, intensive schwarze Beerenfrucht, Brombeernuancen, dunkle Kirschen, zarter Schokoanklang, zart nach frischen Orangenzesten, kraftvoll, stoffig, verfügt über gute Extraktsüße, feine, präsente Tannine, dabei finessenreich strukturiert, sehr große Länge, ein Hauch von Mokka im Nachhall, sicheres Reifepotenzial, klarer Fall von Vin de Garde."
- 96 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "There's no question that we are in Pauillac with this wine: it's a deep, dark purple in colour and a little more reserved on the nose than some, with more of that pencil-lead and slate character. The texture is almost as important as the flavour, and it shows its quality. This is all cassis, wet stone and loganberry, and conveys heft rather than sinew. It tightens through the mid-palate to the point that it contracts - a serious wine. Matured in 80% new oak. Drinking Window 2026 ? 2042"
- 18 Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON: "Tasted blind. Dark and lustrous. Proper earthy red bordeaux nose. Suave texture and with lots in reserve. This is quite a wine. Sculpted to within an inch of its life but it should pay dividends in the future. Very dry, St-Estèphe-like stony finish. Needs a lot of time."
- 19 Punkte Rene Gabriels BORDEAUX TOTAL, Andre Kunz: "Kunz Fassprobe 17: (85% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Merlot, 45% Grand Vin) Konzentriertes, samtenes, aromatisches Bouquet, schwarze Beeren, Pflaumen, Black Currant, dunkler Tabak, fein Lakritze. Dichter, vielschichtiger, wuchtiger Gaumen mit viel gutem Tannin, dichtverwobener, muskulöser Struktur, kräftiger Frucht, vielfältiger, dunkler Aromatik, sehr langer, dichter Abgang."
- 97 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "The 2016 Château Pichon-Longueville Baron is beauty and is a blend of 85% Cabernet Sauvignon and 15% Merlot that was brought up in 80% new French oak. Tasting like a hypothetical mix of the 2009 and 2010, its deep purple color is followed by a powerful yet sensationally pure bouquet of crème de cassis, blackberries, lead pencil shavings, and graphite, and is just about as quintessentially Pauillac as it gets. Full-bodied, fleshy and even a touch flamboyant, it has sweet tannins and a monster texture that coats the palate. Count me in as a huge fan. This fabulous wine will be relatively approachable in just 3-5 years but will age for 30 years or more."
- 99 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "The concentration and largesse of the 2016 Pichon Baron is apparent from the get-go with incredibly alluring, ripe and expansive fruit aromas in the blackberry, dark-cherry, mulberry and plum zone. Espresso and cedar, as well as a slate-like, stony mineral edge add complexity. The palate has incredible depth, drive and detail. Fine and plush tannins stretch the palate in every direction. So fresh and vivacious, this is the greatest Pichon Baron since 1989 and has a long future. Try from 2024."
|René Gabriel:||19 RG|
|Wine Enthusiast:||97 WE|
|James Suckling:||99 JS|
|Jancis Robinson:||18,0 JR|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||97 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||97 JD|
|Klassifzierung:||2. Grand Cru Classé|
|Rebsorte(n):||Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Château Pichon Baron, F-33250 Pauillac, Tel.: +33 (0)5 56 73 17 17|