- 98 Punkte INTERNATIONAL WINEREPORT: "One of the most impressive wines from the vintage, the 2015 Pichon Baron is an absolutely stunning showing. This gorgeous Pauillac is composed of 80% Cabernet Sauvignon and 20% Merlot and slowly begins to open to seductive aromas of blackberries and dark cherries woven together with graphite, tobacco, spring florals and exotic spices all beautifully taking shape. On the palate this is remarkably structured with firm, yet well integrated tannins, along with outstanding depth and concentration This continues to impress with its remarkable precision and length through the finish. While already showing plenty of appeal, this will ultimately has to potential to age gracefully and become an all-time classic Pichon Baron."
- 97 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "Medium to deep garnet-purple in color, the 2015 Pichon-Longueville Baron is enticingly scented of chocolate-covered cherries, crushed red currants and mulberries with touches of baking spices, potpourri and bay leaves plus a hint of fallen leaves. Sumptuously elegant, refreshing and medium-bodied with gorgeous, expressive, perfumed red fruits and very fine, very firm tannins, it has a persistent, perfumed finish. Its remarkable intensity, freshness and very firm frame suggest a long-lived Pichon Baron, which should cellar gracefully for 30+ years."
- 97 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin: "The 2015 Pichon-Baron has an engaging, complex bouquet of blackberry, cedar, mint and graphite, demonstrating more cohesion and more conviction than its peers. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannin and extremely well-judged acidity that imbues this Pauillac with a sense of effortlessness and class lacking in some of its peers. A stunning 2015 and one of the greatest releases from the estate. Tasted blind at the Southwold 2015 Bordeaux tasting."
- 95-97 Punkte FALSTAFF, Peter Moser: "Tiefdunkles Rubingranat, opaker Kern, violette Reflexe, zarte Randaufhellung, intensive schwarze Beerenfrucht, feine Edelholznuancen, Anklänge von Herzkirschen, am Gaumen straff, engmaschig, sehr präsente, reife Tannine, die dem Wein Länge verleihen, frischer Säurebogen, mineralischer Touch, Nougat im Rückgeschmack, gutes Entwicklungspotenzial."
- 95 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "Brimming with confidence, it’s not as obviously delectable right now as the second wine Les Griffons, but that is as you would expect at this stage, and in fact underlines the excellent construction and potential of the first wine. It is fairly reserved, yet the layers of black fruits and tannins are all in place. 80% new oak. Drinking Window 2025 – 2040"
- 98 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "Reminding me of the 1990, the 2015 Château Pichon Baron is a sensational bottle of wine made from 80% Cabernet Sauvignon and 20% Merlot that spent 18 months in 80% new French oak. Boasting a deep purple color as well as awesome notes of black raspberries, toasted spices, cassis, lead pencil shavings, tobacco leaf and building minerality, this full-bodied, concentrated 2015 has sweet tannin, a great texture, and a big, big finish. Pauillac all the way, with both opulence and finesse, forget bottles of 4-5 years and enjoy anytime over the following two to three decades. This is a match for the 2009, 2000, and 1990."
- 95 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "This is a muscular edition with attractive, deeply ripe blackberries and plums set amid firm and assertively linear tannins that hold the finish long and on point. Cool-fruited finish. There’s great potential here. Try this from 2023."
|James Suckling:||95 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||97 RPWA|
|International Wine Report:||98 IWR|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||98 JD|
|Klassifzierung:||2. Grand Cru Classé|
|Rebsorte(n):||Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|Reben:||71% Cabernet Sauvignon, 29% Merlot|
|% vol Alk:||13.5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Château Pichon Baron, F-33250 Pauillac, Tel.: +33 (0)5 56 73 17 17|