- 88-90 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Robert M. Parker Jr.: "This estate is quickly returning from a long period of mediocrity. This sleeper of the vintage exhibits a dense ruby/purple color in addition to copious notes of black raspberries, blueberries, loamy soil and roasted Provencal herbs. Medium to full-bodied, it should drink well for 10-12+ years."
- 89-91 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Roger Voss: "Barrel sample. This wine is marked by new-wood spice and strong structure that showcases a sense of weight and spicy ripeness. The palate is powerful, while also maintaining a bold, juicy character."
- 90 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin: "The 2012 Meyney has an attractive blackberry, wild hedgerow and sous-bois bouquet that demands a bit of coaxing from the glass. The palate is medium-bodied with grainy tannins supporting black fruit laced with orange peel and white pepper. There is decent weight and density on the finish, completing a very capable and enjoyable Meyney. Drink over the next decade. Tasted at a vertical at Château Meyney."
- 91 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2012 Meyney is a deep, structured wine with a lot going on in the glass. The expressive bouquet alone is enticing, but all the elements simply come together effortlessly. The pliant fruit suggests the 2012 can be enjoyed young - and it can - but there is also more than enough depth to allow the wine to age gracefully for years. This is an impressive Saint-Estephe, especially for the year."
- 16,5 Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON: "40% Cabernet Sauvignon, 42% Merlot, 18% Petit Verdot. A water-issue audit was carried out and drainage was improved by channelling away from the plots. Final year with Jean Louis Soussotte as vineyard manager.
Dark, dense crimson. Light, stony St-Estèphe nose. Very round and pleasing even if in an unusually round way. Tannins creep up on the end. A good 2012!"
- 91 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "A chewy and fresh wine with spice, nut and currant character. Full-bodied and muscular. Needs time to soften. Better in 2017."
|Wine Enthusiast:||90 WE|
|James Suckling:||91 JS|
|Jancis Robinson:||16,5 JR|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||90 RPWA|
|Rebsorte(n):||Petit Verdot Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot|
|Reben:||Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Petit Verdot|
|% vol Alk:||14,0|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Meyney, Quai Antoine Ferchaud, BP23, F-33250 Pauillac, +33 5 56 59 00 40, www.meyney.fr|