- 95 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "Medium to deep garnet-purple colored, the 2016 Malescot St. Exupery sings of cassis, fragrant earth, tobacco and lilacs with a compelling waft of mocha. Medium to full-bodied and strutting loads of expressive fruit layers at this youthful stage, it's framed by ripe, grainy tannins and oodles of freshness, finishing with great length and depth."
- 92-94 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Roger Voss: "Barrel Sample. This estate is really improving. The wine in this vintage is full of fragrant fruit, with the tannins making a fine backdrop to the juiciness. It's going to be a fine medium-term wine."
- WINESPECTATOR, James Molesworth: "This opens slowly, showing a slight woodsy bent, with alder and mesquite notes leading off, but as it does the core of red currant, blackberry and plum fruit flavor fleshes out nicely, soaking up the woodsy element while adding in light savory detail and black tea and violet notes. A long mineral echo chimes through the finish. Best from 2022 through 2036. 9,975 cases made."
- 95 Punket VINOUS, Neal Martin: "The 2016 Malescot Saint Exupéry has a well-defined bouquet of ample red currant, cranberry and strawberry fruit laced with rose petal and hints of graphite. There is something almost Saint Julien?like about the aromatics. The palate is medium-bodied with supple, graphite-infused black fruit, and quite linear and poised, but it conveys a genuine sense of energy and tension toward the classic finish. A magnificent Margaux."
- 95 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2016 Malescot Saint Exupéry is fabulous. Powerful and explosive on the palate, the 2016 offers serious intensity, but it also appears to be holding back quite a bit of its potential. Moreover, what impresses me most is that in 2016, intensity is delivered more with finesse than with the brutish power that is such a signature of Malescot. Deep and resonant, but also remarkably polished, the 2016 Malescot is a winner. Hints of iron, smoke, cedar, tobacco and scorched earth add nuance, but it is the wine's sense of poise that is most remarkable. I loved it. Tasted three times."
- 95 Punkte FALSTAFF, Peter Moser: "Tiefdunkles Rubingranat, opaker Kern, dezente Randaufhellung, reife Herzkirschen und Pflaumen, feine Edelholznuancen, kandierte Orangen, facettenreiches Bukett. Saftig, reife Kirschenfrucht, sehr elegant und finessenreich, perfekt eingebundene Tannine, zart nach Nougat, bleibt lange haften, schöner Appellationscharakter."
- DECANTER, Jane Anson: "This has forward oak edging and attractively smoky fireside notes of ash and grilled sarments. The tannins are monolithic at this stage, and there's a lot to be impressed about in this wine, although it has closed down pretty severely, emphasising austerity rather than seduction. There's no question that all the elements for ageing are present and correct - it's a confident expression of the vintage and one with huge potential. Matured in 70% new oak. From a high yield of 51hl/ha. Drinking Window 2024 ? 2040"
- Rene Gabriels BORDEAUX TOTAL, Andre Kunz: "Kunz Fassprobe 17: Frisches, seidenes, komplexes Bouquet, Erdbeeren, Himbeergelee, Heidelbeeren, Schiefer, Minze. Eleganter, dichtverwobener Gaumen mit samtener, fein muskulöser Struktur, kräftiger, frischer Frucht, vielfältiger Aromatik, langer, duftiger Abgang."
- 96 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "The ruby/plum-colored 2016 Château Malescot Saint-Exupéry comes from vines in the heart of the Margaux appellation and is 55% Cabernet Sauvignon, 37% Merlot, and the balance Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot. It?s a total rock star of wine and has fabulous notes of crème de cassis, barbecue smoke, graphite, and sandalwood that build beautifully with time in the glass. Medium to full-bodied, concentrated, layered, and seamless, it?s incredibly impressive and I?d wager up with the finest vintages ever from this estate. Give it a few years and enjoy over the following 20-25. Bravo!"- 97 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "A stunning red with currants, blackberries, roses and violets. Medium to full body, ultra-fine tannins and polish and finesse to the powerful tannins. A real stunner. Better than 2015. Take a serious look at it, beginning 2024."
|René Gabriel:||18 RG|
|Wine Enthusiast:||93 WE|
|James Suckling:||97 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||95 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||96 JD|
|Rebsorte(n):||Petit Verdot Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|Klassifzierung:||Cru Bourgeois Exceptionnel|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Malescot Staint-Exupery, 16 Rue Georges Mandel, F-33460 Margaux|