- 91-93 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "The 2017 Lynch Bages is a barrel sample blended of 70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 24% Merlot, 4% Cabernet Franc and 2% Petit Verdot. Very deep purple-black in color, it leaps from the glass with energetic crushed black cherries, black plums and blackcurrants scents plus underlying notions of baking spices, underbrush, unsmoked cigars and fragrant earth. Medium-bodied, the palate offers a well-sustained mid-palate and firm frame of grainy tannins with loads of freshness and minerality on the long finish."
- 94-96 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Roger Voss: "Barrel Sample. This dense wine is setting out to be fine and rich. It has power and density along with ripe blackberry flavors. Its concentration and dark tannins suggest a long life ahead. Drink from 2024."
- WINESPECTATOR, James Molesworth: "There's really good flesh here for the vintage, with cassis, plum and blackberry compote flavors that are a step ahead of the pack in concentration. Light charcoal and iron notes score the finish, which is racy and fresh. Textbook Pauillac."
- 91-93 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin: "The 2017 Lynch Bages was picked from 18 September with the young Merlot vines and finishing on 30 September. It was cropped at around 50hl/ha. It is aged in 75% new oak for 18 months. It offers good intensity on the nose, not as precise or as mineral-driven as the 2016 last year, with cedar and pencil shaving infusing the black fruit. The palate is medium-bodied with supple tannin, very refined, a touch of white pepper and cedar with impressive depth on the finish. This will be an approachable Lynch Bages, probably pre-destined to be overshadowed by the magnificent (if nascent) 2016 but it will certainly give 20 to 25 years of drinking pleasure. Tasted four times with consistent notes."
- 92-95 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2017 Lynch-Bages is a wine of impeccable balance and class. Deep, fleshy and inviting, the 2017 should be ready to deliver pleasure with minimal cellaring. All of the Lynch-Bages signatures come through in a very pretty, deceptively medium-bodied wine loaded with personality. Lynch-Bages is never a huge wine, but like most of his colleagues, proprietor Jean-Michel Cazes opted for especially delicate extractions."
- 92 Punkte FALSTAFF, Peter Moser: "Tiefdunkles Rubingranat, violette Reflexe, zarte Randaufhellung, attraktive Brombeerfrucht, ein Hauch von Cassis und schwarzem Waldbeerkonfit, feine Nuancen von Dörrpflaumen im Hintergrund. Saftig, mittlere Komplexität, reife Herzkirschen, feine Tannine, frisch und gut anhaltend, verfügt über Reifepotenzial."
- 95 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "They've had their foot on the extraction pedal here, but the extremely dark fruit has great finesse. It is broad-shouldered and savoury-edged, and each time I tasted this wine it seemed a little richer and more complete, over-delivering for the year. This is going to age extremely well. 2% Petit Verdot makes up the blend. 75% new oak. Drinking Window 2025 ? 2038"
- 17 Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON: "70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 24% Merlot, 4% Cabernet Franc, 2% Petit Verdot.
Deep crimson. Very heady and layered and obviously superior on the nose. Sweet, ripe fruit but good fine tannin too. Grown-up wine! Richer than most Pauillacs but with the stony quality on the end too."
- 18 Punkte Rene Gabriels BORDEAUX TOTAL, Andre Kunz: "Kunz Fassprobe 18: (70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 24% Merlot, 4% Cabernet Franc, 2% Petit Verdot, 13.06% vol. Alkohol) Tiefes, dichtes, aromatisches Bouquet, Brombeeren, schwarze Kirschen, Cassis, Lakritze, fein Caramel, Edelhölzer. Dichter, cremiger, kraftvoller Gaumen mit kräftiger, samtener Frucht, viel gutem Tannin, fein opulenter Struktur, vielfältiger, dunkler Aromatik, sehr langer, kräftiger Abgang. Kann noch zulegen."
- 92-94 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "The 2017 Lynch Bages is beautifully done and has an upfront, charming, yet concentrated style. Crème de cassis, graphite, crushed rocks, and plenty of spice characteristics give way to a medium to full-bodied Pauillac that has beautifully ripe tannin, solid mid-palate depth, and notable purity of fruit. It?s not massive but just sings for its purity, balance, and expansive texture."
- 95-96 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "This is an excellent Lynch that starts off slowly and then drives at the end with dark fruit and hints of hazelnuts. Strong and focused tannins. A beautiful young wine."
|René Gabriel:||18 RG|
|Wine Enthusiast:||95 WE|
|Vinous:||94 VS 92 VS|
|James Suckling:||95 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||92 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||93 JD|
|Jancis Robinson:||17,0 JR|
|Rebsorte(n):||Petit Verdot Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|Klassifzierung:||5. Grand Cru Classé|
|Reben:||75% Cabernet Sauvignon, 19% Merlot, 4% Cabernet Franc, 2% Petit Verdot|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Château Lynch-Bages, F-33250 Pauillac, Tel : +33 22.214.171.124.00|