- 97 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "A blend of 64% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, 3% Petit Verdot and 3% Cabernet Franc, aged in 80% new oak barriques, the 2018 Léoville Poyferré comes bounding out of the glass with exuberant scents of Morello cherries, plum preserves and blackberry pie, giving way to nuances of cedar chest, unsmoked cigars, vanilla pod and sassafras, plus a waft of crushed rocks. The palate is full-bodied, rich and decadent, delivering hedonic black fruits and lots of spicy accents with a velvety texture and seamless freshness, finishing long and satisfyingly savory. This is a very impressive showing that is delicious out of the gate but has the backbone to give a good 30 years or more of pleasure."
- 97 Punkte und "Cellar Selection" WIN ENTHUSIAST, Roger Voss: "Richly dense and impressively concentrated, this is a powerful wine. Swathes of black fruits show off the Cabernet structure and dark, ageworthy character of this wine. Drink the wine from 2027."
- 97 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, James Molesworth: "Waves of warmed cassis, mocha and warm tar aromas lead the way, while the core of macerated plum, blackberry and blueberry fruit waits its turn, showing admirable breadth and depth when it arrives, with roasted apple wood, bramble and cast iron buried deeply through the finish. This is a powerfully rendered wine with a cashmere scarf as accent. Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot. Best from 2024 through 2040. 15,000 cases made."
- 97 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "Léoville-Poyferré is sensational in 2018. There's not much more to say than that. A wine of explosive power and intensity, the 2018 dazzles from start to finish. To be sure, the 2018 is racy and opulent, but all the elements come together so effortlessly. Bright red-toned fruit, mocha, pine and wild flowers all open with a bit of coaxing. The new oak is a bit prominent at this stage, but that will be less of an issue over time."
- 96 Punkte FALSTAFF, Peter Moser: "Sehr dunkles Rubingranat, opaker Kern, violette Reflexe, zarte Randaufhellung. Feiner Nougattouch, dunkles Waldbeerkonfit ist unterlegt, süße Gewürze, kandierte Orangenzesten. Saftig, elegant, reife Herzkirschen, gut integrierte Tannine, ein Hauch von Schokolade im Abgang, frisch strukturiert, zeigt Länge und Harmonie, sicheres Entwicklungspotenzial. (2025–2050)"
- 96 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "One of the darkest in colour, with an inky ruby that stains the glass. Even on the nose you feel the texture of this wine. Clear damson and chocolate shavings, cocoa beans and liquorice. This is young and extremely good-quality - straying into gold territory, and will age for ages. Still extremely young, the tannins are multiplying as it stays in the mouth, popping up from all over the place, with a slow slate finish that I love. I couldn't wait to find out what this was. It is one that should be left for 10 to 15 years but has ageing potential. Drinking Window 2026 – 2044"
- 18+ Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON, Julia Harding: "Full bottle 1,350 g. 62% Cabernet Sauvignon, 33% Merlot, 3% Cabernet Franc, 2% Petit Verdot.
Beautiful silky-smooth cork. Darkest crimson with purple rim and black core. Charry, savoury black fruit though the char seems to be as much the darkness of the fruit as the oak barrels. Massively tannic (though I have just tasted the silky 1982) and deliciously dry while packed with dark, savoury (non-sweet) fruit. Deep and firm and fresh enough for balance even if the acidity seems modest. Chewy, youthful, promising."
- 19 Punkte Rene Gabriels BORDEAUX TOTAL, Andre Kunz: "Kunz Fassprobe 19: (64% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, 3% Cabernet Franc, 3% Petit Verdot, 14.4% vol. Alkohol) Konzentriertes, samtenes, komplexes, würziges, frisches Bouquet, Cassiscreme, schwarze Beeren, Korinthen, schwarzer Tabak, Mahagoni, Mocca, fein Eukalyptus. Dichter, kraftvoller, aromatischer, vielschichtiger Gaumen mit cremiger Frucht, viel feinem Tannin, konzentrierter Struktur, vielfältiger, dunkler Aromatik, sehr langer, dichter, aromatischer Abgang."
- 100 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "Every bit as good as the 2009, and I think better than the 2010 and 2016, the 2018 Château Léoville Poyferré is a total thrill that tops out my scale. Based on 64% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, and the rest Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot, its dense purple hue is followed by an incredible, full-bodied monster of a wine that, despite massive amounts of fruit, tannins, and extract, still stays weightless and ethereal, with incredible purity. Loaded with notions of crème de cassis, spring flowers, tobacco, violets, charcoal, and cedar pencil, it's extraordinarily concentrated, flawlessly balanced, and has a finish that won't quit. This is a legendary wine in the making. Give bottles 7-8 years, a decade would be even better, and it will keep for 40-50 years. Hats off to the Cuvelier family for another extraordinary wine!"
- 97 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "Dark cherry, plum, spice and cacao with earthy notes and wood undertones. Cloves, too. Full-bodied, yet in control and poised. Balanced, complex and flavorful. Firm tannins and a long, precise finish. It goes on and on. Structured is the word. Try after 2025."
|René Gabriel:||19 RG|
|Wine Enthusiast:||97 WE|
|James Suckling:||97 JS|
|Jancis Robinson:||18,0 JR|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||97 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||100 JD|
|Klassifzierung:||2. Grand Cru Classé|
|Rebsorte(n):||Petit Verdot Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|Reben:||60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 33% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot, 2% Cabernet Franc|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Leoville Poyferre, 38 rue de St Julien, F-33250 Saint-Julien-Beychevelle|
Es gibt noch keine Bewertungen.