- 97+ Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2016 Léoville Poyferré hits the ground running with intense cassis, violets, dark chocolate, menthol and fragrant earth notions complemented by nuances of cigar box and smoked meats. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is charged with energetic, super intense black fruit and floral layers, beautifully supported with super firm, ripe, grainy tannins and seamless freshness. This liquid is simply alive in the mouth, culminating in an epically long finish that will leave your mouth practically tingling. WOW!"
- 95 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Roger Voss: "Ripe, bold fruits mark out this opulent wine. Its rich tannins are typical of the estate and of the vintage. Serious concentration is balanced with good acidity to give a generous wine that also has the structure for aging. Drink from 2025."
- 97 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, James Molesworth: "Richly layered, with a core of well-steeped plum, blackberry and black currant fruit flavors cruising through, flanked by ganache, sweet tobacco and warm tar notes. There's a plush, toasty coating but the wine's energy and nearly unbridled fruit will easily soak that up. A last echo of violet is further evidence of a lovely evolution ahead. Best from 2025 through 2040. 17,083 cases made."
- 96 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin: "The 2016 Léoville-Poyferré has a pH of 3.66 and an IPT level of 88. It seems to have tightened up since en primeur, now offering intense blackberry, bilberry and veins of blue fruit; there’s a little gloss here but the terroir comes through. The smooth, sensual palate is medium-bodied with ripe tannin, very well-judged acidity and great substance and style on the finish. Undoubtedly, this is one of the most sophisticated Poyferré in recent years. 13.6% alcohol."
- 94 Punkte DECANTER, Stephen Brook: "This is a fine example of the Léoville Poyferré style, voluptuous and spicy. Despite Michel Rolland's enthusiasm for late harvesting, there is no overripeness. Sumptuous nose, with lush blackberry fruit, opulent and generous on the palate with superb black fruits and robust tannins. Vibrant and spicy, it’s hedonistic but at present lacks a little nuance and complexity. They should emerge with time. Drinking Window 2024 – 2042"
- 18 Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON: "Tasted blind. Lighter than some with admirable freshness. Crackling texture and real lift. Long. Very well put together. Not to be underestimated even if it’s not flashy."
- 98 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "Tasted on four separate occasions where this wine rated 97+, 98, 98, and 99, the 2016 Château Léoville-Poyferré is a brilliant bottle of wine and is certainly in the same league as the 2000, 2003, 2009, and 2010. Made from 62% Cabernet Sauvignon, 26% Merlot, and the balance Petit Verdot and Cabernet Franc, aged in 80% new oak, this brilliantly concentrated, full-bodied, opulent beast of a wine offers a heavenly bouquet of crème de cassis, blackcurrants, smoked earth, tobacco leaf, and ample crushed rocks. It’s certainly one of the most flamboyant and opulent wines in the vintage, yet it remains perfectly balanced, with masses of polished tannins, no hard edges, and a fabulous finish. It will be drinkable in 3-4 years yet keep for 3-4 decades."
- 97 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "Wow. The power and depth to this wine is super with a full and fleshy palate, yet so tight and integrated with panache and energy. Chewy tannins yet seamless and melted in the wine. Extremely long and beautiful. This needs at least five to six years to resolve the steely tannins that run through this wine. Take a look from 2024. A blend of 61 per cent cabernet sauvignon, 27 per cent merlot, eight per cent merlot and four per cent cabernet franc."
|Wine Enthusiast:||95 WE|
|James Suckling:||97 JS|
|Jancis Robinson:||18,0 JR|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||97 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||98 JD|
|Klassifzierung:||2. Grand Cru Classé|
|Rebsorte(n):||Petit Verdot Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|Reben:||60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 33% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot, 2% Cabernet Franc|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Leoville Poyferre, 38 rue de St Julien, F-33250 Saint-Julien-Beychevelle|
Es gibt noch keine Bewertungen.