- 93 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "The 2016 Latour Martillac is medium to deep garnet-purple in color with warm plums, kirsch and redcurrant jelly on the nose with touches of bay leaves, iron ore and black soil. Medium-bodied with a well-sustained mid-palate of muscular fruit, it has a firm backbone of fine-grained tannins and wonderful freshness, finishing very long."
- 93 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Roger Voss: "A structured wine backed by plenty of black-currant fruits, this is initially austere. Its richness needs time to develop and turn into the classically structured wine that this estate does so well. Drink from 2025."
- 93 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin: "The 2016 Latour-Martillac offers classic Pessac-Léognan scents on the nose: black fruit, black olive and a touch of sage, plus hints of blue fruit that emerge with time. The palate is medium-bodied with sappy black fruit and fine acidity. A little compact toward the finish, but with good persistence. My feeling is that this will close down quite soon after bottling, but there is a great wine here."
- 91 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "The 2016 Château Latour-Martillac is also terrific and has a structured, medium-bodied, firm style that’s going to benefit from cellaring. Blackberries, graphite, new leather, and a kiss of tobacco all emerge from this nicely textured, pure, layered Pessac. Give bottles 4-5 years and enjoy over the following two decades."
- 94 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "This is very perfumed with blackberry and blueberry aromas, but shows a hot-stone and blanched-almond undertone. Medium-to full-bodied with tight and silky tannins that are extremely polished and beautiful. Love the length and balance to this. Try after 2022."
|Wine Enthusiast:||93 WE|
|James Suckling:||94 JS|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||91 JD|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||93 RPWA|
|Klassifzierung:||Grand Cru Classé de Graves|
|Appellation:||Graves Pessac Leognan|
|Rebsorte(n):||Petit Verdot Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot|
|Reben:||54% Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Merlot, 6% Petit Verdot|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Latour-Martillac, SAS Vignobles Jean Kressmann, 8 Chemin Latour, F-33650 Martillac|