- 95 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "Production was down by half this year—only producing 55,000 bottles. Made from 43% Cabernet Sauvignon, 47% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc, the deep garnet-purple colored 2017 Figeac gives up expressive notes of black cherries, plum preserves, black raspberries and kirsch, giving way to hints of dried leaves, cinnamon toast and warm cassis plus a waft of lavender. Medium-bodied, the palate has wonderful vibrancy with a refreshing line cutting through the crunchy black fruits and a firm, finely grained frame, finishing long and spicy."
- 95 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Roger Voss: "The Cabernets, both Sauvignon and Franc, have produced a wine that is structured and firm, with plenty of backbone as well as fruit and acidity. It will be a juicy, rich wine that is sure to age well. The aftertaste is ripe and fruity. Drink from 2024."
- 96 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, James Molesworth: "This starts slowly, with black tea and sunbaked loam aromas leading off, followed by a deep well of black currant, fig and blackberry preserve flavors that form the core. From there, iron and espresso cream threads line the finish, where the fruit drips slowly and the aromas linger seductively. This will be a slow burn. Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc. Best from 2024 through 2042. 4,833 cases made."
- 97 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2017 Figeac is outrageously beautiful. Rich, deep and ample, the 2017 soars out of the glass with vertical intensity and explosive power. The flavors are just pulsing with energy. Time in the glass brings out a captivating range of lavender, spice, mint and rose petal overtones. The 2017 Figeac is a towering achievement from Technical Director Frédéric Faye and his team. When Michel Rolland was appointed consulting winemaker some years back, many feared the personality of Figeac would be lost. It is impossible for an outsider to truly know how small or large the impact of a single person is, but Figeac has indisputably been one of the very finest wines of the Right Bank over these last few years. The 2017 is a real "wow" wine; don't miss it."
- 18 Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON, Julia Harding: "47% Cabernet Sauvignon, 43% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc.
Deep cherry red. Quietly fragrant nose: scented black fruit and really rather delicate on the palate. Fresh and elegantly balanced between the fine-grained tannins and fragrant fruit. Juicy finish, though the tannins start to build if you taste a second time, promising a long future."
- 19 Punkte Rene Gabriels BORDEAUX TOTAL, Andre Kunz: "Kunz Fassprobe 18: (43% Merlot, 47% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Cabernet Franc, 22 hl/ha, 13.5% vol. Alkohol, 45% einer normalen Ernte, Produktion 48'000 Flaschen) Dichtes, seidenes, frisches, komplexes Bouquet, Brombeeren, Cassis, Edelhölzer, fein Lakritze. Dichtverwobener, ausgewogener, kraftvoller Gaumen mit samtener, dichter Frucht, viel feinem Tannin, fein konzentrierter Struktur, vielfältiger, dichter Aromatik, sehr langer, dichter, frischer Abgang."
- 95 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "The grand vin is the 2017 Chateau Figeac, which was made only from first-generation grapes and is 47% Cabernet Sauvignon, 43% Merlot, and only 10% Cabernet Franc that was brought up in new French oak. It offers a beautiful bouquet of creme de cassis, tobacco, violets, and tobacco, with a touch of forest floor and earth. Made in a pure, elegant, medium-bodied style, it's beautifully textured, seamless and elegant, with silky tannins and a solid spine of acidity. It's going to be drinkable in 4-5 years and cruise for 15-20 years."
- 95 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "Blackberries and violets with lots of perfume. Some roses, too. Full body. Very structured for this vintage with tight, lightly chewy tannins and a long, long finish. Creamy texture. Excellent density in the center palate. Try after 2023."
|René Gabriel:||19 RG|
|Wine Enthusiast:||95 WE|
|James Suckling:||95 JS|
|Jancis Robinson:||18,0 JR|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||95 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||95 JD|
|Klassifzierung:||Premier Grand Cru Classé B|
|Rebsorte(n):||Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|% vol Alk:||14,0|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||CHATEAU de FIGEAC, F-33330 Saint-Emilion|
In der aktuellen Sprache gibt es keine Bewertungen.