- 90-92 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "The 2019 La Croix de Beaucaillou is composed of 46% Merlot, 50% Cabernet Sauvignon and 4% Petit Verdot. It has 14.3% alcohol and a pH of 3.78 with an IPT of 88. It is set to age for 12 months in French oak barrels, 60% new. Deep garnet-purple in color, it comes bounding out of the glass with exuberant notes of crushed blackcurrants, baked blackberries and wild blueberries plus hints of woodsmoke, chargrill, black truffles and lilacs with a waft of fertile loam. Medium to full-bodied, the palate quivers with energetic black fruits, framed by bold freshness and ripe, rounded tannins, finishing on a lingering mineral note."
- 94 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin: „The 2019 La Croix Ducru Beaucaillou is matured for 12 months in 60 % new oak. Interestingly, that Earl Grey tincture continues to define this very classically styled wine, enhancing the black fruit. Hints of ash emerge with time. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannins and plenty of graphite-infused black fruit that render this quite Pauillac in style. Impressively persistent on the tobacco-tinged finish. Leave this for 4-5 years in bottle just to smooth ist edges.“
- 92 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: „The 2019 La Croix Beaucaillou is a powerful, explosive wine. Black cherry, chacolate, leather and licorice flow effortlessly across the palate, lifted by pretty floral notes that appear with air. Fleshy, dark and beautifully resonant, La Croix has a ton to offer.“
- 94 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "Deep damson colour and mouthfilling from the start, this expands outwards through the palate, filling up with concentrated yet plush berry fruits, notes of smoked oak, hazelnut, grilled liquorice. A real presence, approaches the 2016 but with more evident approachability. Appealing now but sure that it will close down pretty tightly for a while as this has a high tannin count of 88IPT. Drinking Window 2026 – 2042"
- 94 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: „The second wine of this great château is the 2019 La Croix Ducru-Beaucaillou, which is 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 46% Merlot, and the rest Petit Verdot that was raised in 60% new barrels. It fits into the lineup beautifully and sits nicely between the Le Petit Ducru and the Grand Vin. Deep purple-hued, with full-bodied aromas and flavors of pure cassis, crushed stone, graphite, lead pencil, and smoked tobacco, it has building yet fine tannins, flawless balance, and a great finish. It shows the more regal, classy, elegant, yet still concentrated style of this vintage perfectly. Give bottles a healthy decant if drinking any time soon, and it will have upwards of two decades of prime drinking.“
- 96 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: „Fantastic aromas of blackberries, blackcurrants, licorice and walnuts. So St.-Julien. Full-bodied with a solid core of fruit and chewy tannins that are really long and serious. Like the 1995 Ducru! One for the cellar. Needs at least until after 2028.“
- 92 Punkte DECANTER, Georgina Hindle: „Bramble fruit, hedgerow, some rose-perfumed florality - expressive on the nose with additional herbal notes and green bell pepper nuances. Excellent succulence on the palate with a juicy, wet stone minerality. Fruit is high toned, tannins are muscular and very present but also quite polished with spiced edges that tingle the tongue with a combination of spice and smoke. The elements are there but they're also a little closed right now. Power and length. Buy and hold on to. A second wine which used to include a lot of the fruit that went into the grand vin but now the majority of grapes comes from their own separate parcels in the centre of St-Julien. Drinking Window 2025 – 2039“
|Wine Enthusiast:||95 WE|
|Vinous:||95 VS 90 VS|
|James Suckling:||93 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||91 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||94 JD|
|Rebsorte(n):||Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Ducru Beaucaillou, F-33250 St. Julien-Beychevelle|
Es gibt noch keine Bewertungen.