- 99 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "Very deep garnet in color, the 2010 Ducru-Beaucaillou is just slightly closed to begin, featuring subtle wafts of baked plums, espresso and bay leaves before kicking it up a notch with expressive notes of blackcurrant cordial, chargrilled meats, woodsmoke and crushed rocks plus a tantalizing touch of truffles. Full-bodied, concentrated and oh-so-decadently fruited in the mouth, the palate is built like a brick house with firm, ripe, grainy tannins and bold freshness supporting the tightly wound flavor layers, finishing with epic length and depth."
- 97 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, James Molesworth: "Not shy at all, with a flamboyant, aromatic profile of roasted apple wood and warm ganache, featuring more than enough stuffing in the form of thickly layered blackberry paste, steeped fig and pastis-soaked plum flavors. The structure is massive but incredibly polished, and the fruit displays terrific purity through the graphite-supported finish. Large-scale and extremely well-rendered. Best from 2020 through 2040. 8,416 cases made."
- 96 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin: "The 2010 Ducru-Beaucaillou has a seriously fine bouquet with plenty of black fruit, cedar and hints of camphor that blossom from the glass. So much vigour and intensity here, yet it remains beautifully delineated and focused. The palate is medium-bodied with fine grain, supple tannins. There is a fine bead of acidity, fresh and focused, one of the most pliant Saint-Julien crus in this flight with a supple finish that belies that structure underneath. It reminds me of Léoville Poyferré. Superb. Tasted blind at Farr Vintners 10-Year On Bordeaux horizontal."
- 17++ Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON, Julia Harding: "Tasted blind. Deep garnet. Sweet and ripe black fruit. A touch minty. Tannins are very firm on the palate at the moment but here I am more confident it just needs time. Dense, muscular. Wait."
- 98 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "There is tannin build up at this point in the vertical, but in the most enjoyable way - a clear indication of how much complexity there is in these wines and how densely knitted together they are, bedding down for the long term. This wine in particular has barely an end in sight, it just stretches out before you, confident in its fleshy texture and layers of expression. This is really at the top of what you hope from St Julien, confident and intense yet still with the balance and freshness of the appellation. It has great persistency and keeps hanging on, delivering flavour an inch at a time. Wonderful. Drinking Window 2023 – 2045"
- 19 Punkte RENE GABRIEL: "20 % unter einer Normalernte. Ca. 115'000 Flaschen. 90 % Cabernet Sauvignon, 10 % Merlot. Tiefes Purpur, satt in der Mitte, Granatschimmer am Rand. Feinfruchtiges Bouquet, rote, reife Pflaumen und viel Kirschennoten, feine Komplexität, fast nobel zurückhaltend. Im Gaumen superelegant, traumhaft balanciert, die wohl massiv vorhandenen Gerbstoffe spürt man fast nicht, lange ausklingend. Ein Violinen-Saint-Julien mit genialen Finessen."
- 100 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "While I loved the 2010 Château Ducru-Beaucaillou on release I’ve always preferred the 2009. However, the 2010 showed sensationally on this occasion, and while in a different style than the 2009, it’s unquestionably as good. Still ruby/purple-hued, it offers up extraordinary notes of pure crème de cassis, unsmoked tobacco, spice, and damp earth, and it’s the purity of fruit as well as the incredible depth and intensity that makes this wine so special. Full-bodied, deep, profound, and seamless on the palate, it offers incredible pleasure today but it’s going to be a 50-year, if not a 100-year wine. Hats off to Bruno Borie."
- 100 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "The nose is phenomenal with perfect aromas of Cabernet Sauvignon with currant bush, blackberries and minerals. A pure expression of Cab. The palate is perfect with a full body, but has perfectly integrated tannins with a texture like the finest cashmere. It's strong but noble with perfect form and beauty. All in harmony. A fabulous wine that everyone who loves Bordeaux should have a bottle or case of. Better in 2020."
|René Gabriel:||19 RG|
|James Suckling:||100 JS|
|Klassifzierung:||2. Cru Classé|
|Jancis Robinson:||17,0 JR|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||99 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||100 JD|
|Rebsorte(n):||Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Ducru Beaucaillou, F-33250 St. Julien-Beychevelle|