- 96 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "Composed of 72% Merlot and 28% Cabernet Franc and aged for 18 months in 70% new and 30% one-year-old barrels, the 2015 Canon is boldly fruited with blackberry preserves, black cherry compote, fruitcake, mocha and plum preserves with suggestions of Indian spices, licorice and black olives. Full-bodied and packed with ripe, rich dried berries and exotic spice layers, it has a firm, slightly chewy structure and just enough freshness (the pH is 3.78), finishing long and savory. Give it another 2-3 years of cellaring to soften its edges and allow its flavor spectrum to fully emerge, and drink it over the next 20 to 25+ years."
- 97 Punkte und "Cellar Selection" WINE ENTHUSIAST: "This estate, now performing on top form, has produced a rich, dense wine. Swathes of black fruits underline the generous structure and intensity. At first taste, the tannins are soft but that turns out to be an illusion. The tannins are just richly cushioned within the beautiful fruit. Drink from 2024."
- 97 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, James Molesworth: "A plush, inviting style, with warmed fig and plum sauce notes taking the lead, picking up swaths of cocoa, tobacco and roasted alder along the way. Features plenty of pumping bass, but if you pay attention, there's a laser of chalky minerality driving the finish. When the baby flesh drops away, this will sail in the cellar for some time. Best from 2022 through 2045. 7,500 cases made."
- 100 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "From the very beginning, the 2015 Canon has made an eloquent case for itself as one of the wines of the vintage. Multiple tastings from bottle only confirm what several early tastings hinted at: the 2015 Canon is simply extraordinary in every way. Sumptuous and exotic, with no hard edges and exceptional balance, the 2015 grabs hold of all the senses and never lets up. A rush of red fruit intermingled with floral notes, spice and smoke notes effortlessly runs up the wine's vertical structure as the 2015 thrills with every twist and turn. The 2015 Canon is a rare wine that is both hedonistic and intellectual - well, maybe it is a bit more hedonistic-leaning. It doesn't matter. Don't miss it. This 2015 is masterpiece from General Manager Nicolas Auderbert and his team at Canon."
- 97 Punkte DECANTER, James Lawther MW: "Aromatic charm and a beautifully textured palate with a round and opulent attack. Impressively dense but no excess. A modern classic. Drinking Window 2023 ? 2040"
- 17,5 Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON: "Tasted blind. Interesting broad, leafy notes on the nose. Lots of energy and richness. Real depth and excitement. Long and such a pace in the wine. Smooth and sweet and charming. Tannins well hidden. They picked relatively early here."
- 19 Punkte RENE GABRIEL: "Tiefes Purpur, satt in der Mitte, Granatschimmer am Rand. Vielschichtiges Bouquet, zeigt viel schwarzbeerige Frucht und ist mit ganz feinen Kräuternoten durchsetzt. Im Gaumen dicht, feinfleischige Textur, liefert eine fordernde Adstringenz welche aber mit reifen Tanninen bestückt ist, im Finale Cassis, Lakritze und Tabakspuren, sehr nachhaltiges Finale. Ein grosser Canon, so gross wie sein eigener 2009er, aber dann doch viel klassischer. Sehr langes Leben."
- 98+ Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "One of the wines of the vintage is the 2015 Château Canon which is 72% Merlot and 28% Cabernet Franc that spent 18 months in 70% new French oak. It offers a perfect example of the old saying ?iron fist in a velvet glove? and boasts gorgeous notes of black cherries, framboise, spring flowers and exotic spices. All these lead to a full-bodied, ultra-pure, seamless 2015 that marries incredible richness and depth with a sense of purity, elegance, and weightlessness that needs to be tasted to believed. This multi-dimensional, seamless 2015 needs forgotten for 4-5 years and will keep for three decades or more. Bravo!"
- 100 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "Seductive. The nose draws you in deep: It?s like staring into a well of pristine dark cherries, dark plums, blackberries and mulberries. All the oak is perfectly subsumed. The palate?s flawless with immense depth and power and it?s so balanced as to appear to float. Immaculate fresh dark-berry and plum flavors. Silky and deep, ribbon-like finish. Perfect. Best from 2022."
- 100 Punkte NEAL MARTIN: "The 2015 Canon was a benchmark wine that seemed to revitalize this historic estate. I was crossing my fingers that it would not disappoint in bottle and I am glad to say that it delivers the goods. It has a very intense bouquet (just as it showed out of barrel) with laser-like precision offering wild strawberry, raspberry preserve, wet limestone and hints of truffle. The palate is medium-bodied with supple tannin, clean and fresh with pure black and red fruit whose every atom appears infused with minerals. The mouth is tingling long after the wine has exited and your brain is thinking...when is the next sip coming? It is frankly heads and shoulders above almost every Saint Émilion this vintage, to reaffirm, a benchmark for this historic estate that will give pleasure to many over the coming years. Astonishing. Anticipated maturity: 2021 - 2050."
|René Gabriel:||19 RG|
|Wine Enthusiast:||97 WE Cellar Selection|
|Neal Martin:||100 NM|
|James Suckling:||100 JS|
|Jancis Robinson:||17,5 JR|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||96 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||98 JD|
|Klassifzierung:||Premier Grand Cru Classé B|
|Rebsorte(n):||Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|% vol Alk:||15,0|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Canon, lieu dit Saint Martin, Route Du Milieu, F-33330 Saint-Émilion|