- 91 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "The Brown 2016 Blanc sings of lime blossoms, freshly squeezed lemons and quince paste plus wafts of peaches and baking bread. Medium-bodied, the palate is wonderfully invigorating with loads of citrus and exotic fruit layers and a racy finish."
- 91-93 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Roger Voss: "Barrel Sample. This wine is rounded and ripe, although with a tight mineral texture that masks the inherent fruitiness of lemon and white fruit flavors. Hints of wood aging are already there. The wine, crisp at the end, will age well."
- 93 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, James Molesworth: "This is vibrant, with a lovely mix of chamomile, acacia and verbena notes out front followed by lemon curd, star fruit and Jonagold apple flavors. Light fennel, salted butter and mineral accents ripple through the finish. Thoroughly delicious. Drink now through 2021. 1,833 cases made."
- 90 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "Alcohol levels are hovering fairly high for the whites as well as the reds. This is a rich and sexy take on the vintage, and my guess would be that owner Jean Christophe Mau figures he has an early-ripening location (close to the city on gravel soils but over clay that retained rainfall well in the heat of the 2016 summer); and that he should work with it. A smart decision, as this is certainly contemporary but captures rich citrus fruits with fragrant white blossom on the mid-palate and some juicy mouthwatering minerality on the finish. I like it - Mau's made a virtue out of what could have been tough on the whites in this vintage. 69% Sauvignon Blanc, 31% Sémillon. Vinified and aged in barrel with 50% new oak and regular stirring of the lees. Drinking Window 2018 – 2030"
- 93 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "Lots of lemon-cream and fresh-herb character in this rich, yet fresh white Pessac-Léognan that has some real structure and a long, firm finish. A blend of 80 per cent sauvignon blanc and 20 per cent semillon. Just beginning to open up, so better from 2020."
|Wine Enthusiast:||92 WE|
|James Suckling:||93 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||91 RPWA|
|Rebsorte(n):||Sauvignon Blanc Semillon Blanc|
|Reben:||70% Sauvignon Blanc 30% Semillon|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Brown, 5 allee John Lewis Brown, F-33850 Léognan, +33 5 56 87 08 10, www.chateau-brown.com|