- 95-97 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "The 2018 Beau-Sejour Becot is composed of 80% Merlot, 15% Cabernet Franc and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon. The Merlot was harvested on September 12-25, and the Cabernet varieties were harvested on October 4, 5 and 10. Yields were 46 hectoliters per hectare, and it is anticipated that the wine will age for 16 months. Sixty-five percent of the wine will be matured in new barriques, while 35% will be aged in vats, amphorae and large oak casks of 20-hectoliter capacity. Deep garnet-purple colored, it leaps from the glass with bold, expressive notions of stewed plums, blackberry pie and Black Forest cake with nuances of menthol, mocha, molten licorice and wild sage plus a waft of lavender. Full-bodied, the palate is laden with latent energy, offering slow-releasing glimpses at dark, seductive berry preserves layers and vibrant earthy accents, framed by firm, grainy tannins and seamless freshness, finishing long and mineral laced."
- 94-97 Punkte VINOUS Antonio Galloni: "The 2018 Beau-Séjour Bécot is fabulous. Dense, rich and explosive, the 2018 has it all. Soaring aromatics and a huge spine of tannin give the 2018 its regal contours. The 2018 was barreled down late, and it is still coming together, especially in its aromatics, but its potential is evident. A wine of tremendous character and personality Beau-Séjour Bécot dazzles in 2018. It is an utterly captivating Saint-Émilion from Juliette Bécot and Julien Barthe, along with their consulting winemaker Thomas Duclos."
- 96 Punkte FALSTAFF, Peter Moser: "Tiefdunkles Rubingranat, opaker Kern, violette Reflexe, zarte Randaufhellung. Frische schwarze Herzkirschen, ein Hauch von Pflaumen, ätherische Nuancen, kaum spürbare Holzkomponente. Saftig, rund und harmonisch, seidiges, tragendes Tannin, mineralisch, mit feiner Säurestruktur ausgestattet, bei allem Volumen durchaus delikat, gute Länge, sicheres Reifepotenzial."
- 95 Punket DECANTER, Jane Anson: "This is the first vintage to be entirely overseen by Juliet Bécot, as her uncle and father have begun their retirement. New technical director Jean de Cournuaud joined the team, and it's the second year working with consultant Thomas Duclos. The changes that this team are bringing in are clear.
There's a beautiful delicacy here that balances the creaminess and fleshy texture of the fruit. The aromatics gather pace in the glass while the tannins are plentiful but not heavy, serving to emphasise the minerality, slate and stunning rosemary and white pepper edge.
Like some other estates in 2018, this was the longest harvest ever here, beginning on 12 September and continuing for one month, yielding 50hl/ha. There were no whole-bunch fermentation trials this time (as in 2017), as they didn't want to risk the stalks not being ripe enough. They used infusion rather than pumping over, yet the tannin count is 75IPT, showing the natural power of the vintage. It's a wine that seems to be ready to age with real grace. A mix of amphorae, 20hl Stockinger casks and 225l barrels will be used. Drinking Window 2027 – 2042"
- Gabriels BORDEAUX TOTAL, Andre Kunz: "Kunz Fassprobe 19: Fruchtiges, frisches, fein laktisches Bouquet, Erdbeeren, Johannisbeeren, Naturjoghurt, Minze, Kräuter. Samtener, fruchtiger, süsser Gaumen mit cremiger Frucht, feinem Tannin, fein muskulöser Struktur, kräftiger Aromatik, langer, voller, trockener Abgang. Kann noch zulegen."
- 95-97 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "Tasted on two separate occasions, the 2018 Château Beau-Séjour Bécot is a brilliant wine based on 80% Merlot, 15% Cabernet Franc, and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon, aging in 65% new oak (there’s some in amphora as well) that comes from a magical terroir on the upper plateau, just outside of Saint-Émilion. This is pure limestone soils, and the wine shows it with its fresh, vibrant style as well as incredibly minerality. Vivid cassis, graphite, white flowers, and spice characteristics all flow to a medium to full-bodied, pure, incredibly elegant wine that shows the new style of this estate beautifully. It’s not for those seeking overt power and opulence, but it builds incrementally on the palate, with ultra-fine tannins and a great finish. It’s as classy as it gets. Give bottles 4-6 years of bottle age, and it will keep for 2-3 decades."
- 95-96 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "A very fresh and beautiful wine with extremely fine tannins that melt nicely into the pure fruit. Medium to full body. Crisp and very fruity. Wonderful finish that lasts for minutes. It grows in stature at the end."
|James Suckling:||95 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||96 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||96 JD|
|Klassifzierung:||Premier Grand Cru Classé B|
|Rebsorte(n):||Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|% vol Alk:||14,0|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||VINEYARD Situation : on the western plateau of Saint-Emilion, in the old parish of Saint-Martin de Mazerat. Surface area : 16,52 ha. Whole estate : 18,50 ha. Soil : chalk with fossilised starfish. Grape varieties : 70% Merlot, 24% Cabernet franc, 6% Cabernet sauvignon. Planting density : 6,600 vines per hectare. Average age of vines : 40 years. Vineyard management : Grass grown between the rows (natural or sown), Bordeaux-style pruning, leaving two basic branches (Mr Cordeau), leaf removal carried out twice, green fruit removal in two campaigns. Harvest : by hand. Yields : controlled to between 30 and 38 hl per hectare. WINEMAKING Fruit screening on three separate tables.(2 before de-stemming, 1 after). Vatting : in stainless steel, temperature controlled, vats and in new barrels (600 litres). Processing of fruit plot by plot. The floating crust is regularly immersed in the must by hand Vatting period : approximately 30 days (between 28° and 32° C) The wine is run-off into barrels without using pumps. AGEING Malolactic fermentation in barrels. 80 to 100 % in new barrels, according to vintage. 16 to 18 months in a cellar at constant temperature of 16 °C. Production : approximately 60.000 bottles. Consultant œnologist : Laboratoire Rolland (Jean-Philippe Fort).|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Beausejour Becot, F-33330 Saint-Emillion, +33 5 57 74 46 87, www.beausejour-becot.com|
Es gibt noch keine Bewertungen.