- 96+ Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "Medium to deep garnet-purple colored, the 2017 Beau-Sejour Becot sails out of the glass with pronounced black cherries, kirsch, baked plums and boysenberries scents plus nuances of bay leaves, star anise and pencil shavings with a waft of roses. Medium to full-bodied, the palate delivers bags of juicy black fruits with a firm backbone of rounded tannins and bold freshness, finishing with great length and purity."
- 95 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Roger Voss: "Freshness blends with a solid tannic structure in this ripe wine. It gives the wine a lift and succulent berry flavors and acidity. That combines with the dry core to promise great aging for a wine that should be ready to drink from 2024."
- 94 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, James Molesworth: "Plush and warm in feel, with velvety plum sauce, raspberry reduction and cherry preserve flavors cruising along, lined with graphite and anise details. A racy edge is buried on the finish, showing a touch of floral lift. Very suave. Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon. Best from 2022 through 2037. 7,083 cases made."
- 93 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "This has sweet brambly fruit, tight dark chocolate and liquorice through the body of the wine, giving way to uplift on the finish from a mouthwatering juicy slate texture that speaks of the limestone. The oak is evident but smoky and enjoyable, and this is a good quality wine, easily living up to its En Primeur promise and reflecting the work done at this property over the last few years. Drinking Window 2024 – 2040"
- 16,5 Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON: "80% Merlot, 15% Cabernet Franc, 5% Cabernet Sauvignon.
Deep crimson. The nose is a lovely mix of lifted dark-fruited freshness from the Cabernets and a riper, sweeter mulberry aroma from the Merlot. Already smooth and slides across the palate. Juicy and fresh with nicely dry tannins on the finish."
- 18 Punkte Rene Gabriel's BORDEAUX TOTAL, Andre Kunz: "Kunz Fassprobe 18: Mineralisches, tiefes, kräftiges Bouquet, Kirschen, Brombeeren, Schiefer, Feuerstein. Dichtverwobener, aromatischer Gaumen mit guter Frucht, viel feinsandigem Tannin, dichter, gut muskulöser Struktur, vielfältiger Aromatik, langer, dichter Abgang."
- 93+ Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "Deeply colored, the 2017 Chateau Beau-Sejour Becot checks in as 80% Merlot, 15% Cabernet Franc, and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon that was 50% destemmed and aged in 65% French oak. This classic, elegant 2017 reveals a deep ruby/purple hue as well as plenty of black cherry and mulberry fruits, solid complexity in its salty minerality, dried flowers, iron, and spice aromatics, medium to full body, a bright spine of acidity, and outstanding length. It doesn't have the flesh or richness of the 2016 (or 2018) yet is classic, pure, incredibly precise, and long. This beautiful wine will benefit from 4-5 years of bottle age and keep for 15-20 years."
- 93 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "Some handy depth to the nose here with quality fruit that’s evenly ripened. Rich aromas of mulberries lead to similar flavors on the very smooth, juicy and supple palate with plenty of fine tannins. Drink or hold."
|René Gabriel:||18 RG|
|Wine Enthusiast:||95 WE|
|James Suckling:||93 JS|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||93 JD|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||96 RPWA|
|Jancis Robinson:||16,5 JR|
|Klassifzierung:||Premier Grand Cru Classé B|
|Rebsorte(n):||Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|% vol Alk:||14,0|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||VINEYARD Situation : on the western plateau of Saint-Emilion, in the old parish of Saint-Martin de Mazerat. Surface area : 16,52 ha. Whole estate : 18,50 ha. Soil : chalk with fossilised starfish. Grape varieties : 70% Merlot, 24% Cabernet franc, 6% Cabernet sauvignon. Planting density : 6,600 vines per hectare. Average age of vines : 40 years. Vineyard management : Grass grown between the rows (natural or sown), Bordeaux-style pruning, leaving two basic branches (Mr Cordeau), leaf removal carried out twice, green fruit removal in two campaigns. Harvest : by hand. Yields : controlled to between 30 and 38 hl per hectare. WINEMAKING Fruit screening on three separate tables.(2 before de-stemming, 1 after). Vatting : in stainless steel, temperature controlled, vats and in new barrels (600 litres). Processing of fruit plot by plot. The floating crust is regularly immersed in the must by hand Vatting period : approximately 30 days (between 28° and 32° C) The wine is run-off into barrels without using pumps. AGEING Malolactic fermentation in barrels. 80 to 100 % in new barrels, according to vintage. 16 to 18 months in a cellar at constant temperature of 16 °C. Production : approximately 60.000 bottles. Consultant œnologist : Laboratoire Rolland (Jean-Philippe Fort).|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Beausejour Becot, F-33330 Saint-Emillion, +33 5 57 74 46 87, www.beausejour-becot.com|