- 95 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "Medium to deep garnet-purple colored, the 2016 Beau-Sejour Becot (80% Merlot, 15% Cabernet Franc and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon) is just a little closed to begin, opening out to reveal beautiful chocolate-covered cherries, preserved plums and black raspberries scents with touches of stewed tea, tobacco, red roses and cinnamon stick. Full-bodied and jam-packed with perfumed fruit layers, it has a rock-solid frame of ripe, finely grained tannins and layer upon layer of provocative black fruit and savory layers on the finish."
- 95 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Roger Voss: "This wine has a smoky quality, with ripe tannins and dense blackberry and spice flavors as well as wonderful freshness. The wine has considerable potential, rich in tannins and acidity. It will be ready to drink from 2025."
- 94 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, James Molesworth: "This is a very fresh and unencumbered style, with a beam of pure blackberry and raspberry fruit racing through, carried by polished structure and infused with alluring black tea and incense tones. The finish is velvety, though there are graphite and tobacco notes buried within. Best from 2022 through 2036. 6,000 cases made."
- 95 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin: "The 2016 Beauséjour Bécot has a sensual bouquet of pure red cherries and crushed strawberry laced with cedar and light graphite scents. The palate is medium-bodied with supple tannin and well-judged acidity. The finish is harmonious and somehow just effortless. This actually reminds me of its neighbor, Château Canon. Could the 2016 represent the best Beauséjour Bécot ever made? Quite possibly."
- 94 Punkte FALSTAFF, Peter Moser: "Tiefdunkles Rubingranat, fester Kern, violette Reflexe, zarte Randaufhellung, reife Pflaumen, schwarze Kirschen, schokoladiger Touch, zarte Gewürzanklänge, feines Edelholz. Saftig, rund und elegant, frisch strukturiert, gut eingebettete Tannine, bleibt haften, extraktsüßer Nachhall, sicheres Reifepotenzial."
- 94 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "Right on the limestone plateau, this has a lovely delivery of extremely ripe black fruits dotted through with minerality and little pulses of electricity. Extremely successful, this will age well thanks to elongated tannins that are chalky in all the right places. Again, we have this slight austerity on the finish, a reminder than 2016 is not the right bank party we saw in 2015, but this is excellent with such a beautiful balance. Drinking Window 2027 ? 2050"
- 16,5+ Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON: "Deep purplish crimson. Mild but well-mannered nose. Very transparent and lifted. Absolutely none of the exaggeration of yesteryear. Sandy tannins on the end but very much de nos jours. Crisp and refreshing."
- 18 Punkte Rene Gabriels BORDEAUX TOTAL, Andre Kunz: "Kunz Fassprobe 17: Samtenes, dunkles, kräftiges Bouquet, schwarze Kirschen, frische Kräuter, Lakritze, Graphit. Dichtverwobener, kraftvoller Gaumen mit kräftiger, süsser Frucht, cremiger, muskulöser Struktur, viel feinem Tannin, vielfältiger, dunkler Aromatik, langer, aromatischer, dichter Abgang. Kann noch zulegen."
- 95 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "Showing spectacularly well on the two occasions I was able to taste it, the 2016 Château Beau-Séjour Bécot is a blend of 80% Merlot, 15% Cabernet Franc, and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon, aged 16 months in 90% new oak, and hitting a healthy 14.5% natural alcohol. This straight-up classy, seamless, ultra-fine Saint Emilion offers a beautiful bouquet of red currants, white truffles, spice, and flowers. With brilliant limestone character, fabulous intensity on both the nose and palate, ultra-fine tannins, and a magical texture, it?s approachable today yet has another 20+ years of prime drinking."
- 95 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "Extremely aromatic and lifted on the nose with wild fruit and flowers, as well as chalk and mushroom undertones. Full body and ultra-fine tannins with beautiful grace and balance. Shows structure yet refinement at the same time. Needs four to five years to come completely together, but already so beautiful. Drink after 2023."
|René Gabriel:||18 RG|
|Wine Enthusiast:||95 WE|
|James Suckling:||95 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||95 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||95 JD|
|Jancis Robinson:||16,5 JR|
|Klassifzierung:||Premier Grand Cru Classé B|
|Rebsorte(n):||Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|% vol Alk:||14,0|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||VINEYARD Situation : on the western plateau of Saint-Emilion, in the old parish of Saint-Martin de Mazerat. Surface area : 16,52 ha. Whole estate : 18,50 ha. Soil : chalk with fossilised starfish. Grape varieties : 70% Merlot, 24% Cabernet franc, 6% Cabernet sauvignon. Planting density : 6,600 vines per hectare. Average age of vines : 40 years. Vineyard management : Grass grown between the rows (natural or sown), Bordeaux-style pruning, leaving two basic branches (Mr Cordeau), leaf removal carried out twice, green fruit removal in two campaigns. Harvest : by hand. Yields : controlled to between 30 and 38 hl per hectare. WINEMAKING Fruit screening on three separate tables.(2 before de-stemming, 1 after). Vatting : in stainless steel, temperature controlled, vats and in new barrels (600 litres). Processing of fruit plot by plot. The floating crust is regularly immersed in the must by hand Vatting period : approximately 30 days (between 28° and 32° C) The wine is run-off into barrels without using pumps. AGEING Malolactic fermentation in barrels. 80 to 100 % in new barrels, according to vintage. 16 to 18 months in a cellar at constant temperature of 16 °C. Production : approximately 60.000 bottles. Consultant ?nologist : Laboratoire Rolland (Jean-Philippe Fort).|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Beausejour Becot, F-33330 Saint-Emillion, +33 5 57 74 46 87, www.beausejour-becot.com|