- 95 Punkte Robert Parkes WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown:"The 2015 Beau-Sejour Becot is composed of 80% Merlot, 15% Cabernet Franc and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon aged in 85% new and 15% one-year-old French oak for 17 months. Medium to deep garnet-purple colored, the nose opens with blackberries, black cherries and crushed black plums with touches of spice box, lavender and cedar. Medium to full-bodied, it's rich, velvety and decadent in the mouth with a firm backbone and long, spicy finish. Yum!"
- 96 Punkte und "Cellar Selection" WINE ENTHUSIAST, Roger Voss: "This family-owned property at one of the high points in Saint-Émilion has made a rich, opulent wine, full of perfumed Cabernet Franc and generous Merlot. Ripe blackberries and dark plums are permeated with some serious tannins for aging. Drink this powerful wine from 2025."
- 95 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, James Molesworth: "This brims with ripe, juicy plum, blackberry and açaí berry flavors, studded with licorice and fruitcake notes and backed by a nicely integrated apple wood detail through the finish. Pumps a lot of fruit out but does so energetically. Best from 2020 through 2035. 6,250 cases made."
- 95 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "Just as impressive from bottle as it was from barrel, the Beau-Séjour-Bécot is superb. Expressive plum, grilled herb, lavender and spice flesh out in the glass. Voluptuous and racy, with no hard edges, the 2015 has much to offer. This is in an especially dense, explosive style, and yet all the elements are wonderfully fused together. I would give the 2015 a few years in bottle to start showing at its best."
- 94 Punkte DECANTER: "Deep and reserved on the nose but a fragrant palate. Powerful but refined tannic base. Beautiful smooth texture with the freshness from the limestone terroir. Persistent finish."
- 18 Punkte RENE GABRIEL: "Tiefes Purpur, satt in der Mitte, Granatschimmer am Rand. Süsses, verführerisches Bouquet, Cassis und Maulbeeren, ein zarter Hauch Vanille im Hintergrund zeigend. Stoffiger Gaumen, dicht, sattes, konzentriertes Extrakt aufweisend, nachhaltiges Finale. Er ist feiner als sonst, aber immer noch mit genügend Charakter. Ganz toll gelungen."
- 94 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "The 2015 Beau- Séjour-Bécot is a sensational powerhouse of a Saint-Emilion that does everything right. Mostly Merlot, with 20% Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon, it?s a ripe, voluptuous effort loaded with notions of cassis, ripe plum, and black cherry fruit intermixed with incense, spring flowers, and damp earth. It has enough tannin to warrant short-term cellaring, but it?s still undeniably delicious today. It will drink nicely for two decades. This cuvee comes from 19.5-hectare vineyard sitting on the upper, limestone dominated plateau, from vines averaging 40 years in age, was harvest between October 5th to the 9th and was aged 17 months in 85% new French oak."
- 95 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "Very perfumed with crushed berries and blackberries. Wet earth and great intensity. Decadent. Full-bodied, layered and very velvety and intense. Extremely long and intense. A sexy and opulent wine yet poised and tight. One of best ever. Needs at least three to five years bottle age."
|René Gabriel:||18 RG|
|Wine Enthusiast:||96 WE|
|James Suckling:||95 JS|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||94 JD|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||95 RPWA|
|Klassifzierung:||Grand Cru Classé B|
|Rebsorte(n):||Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|% vol Alk:||14,0|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||VINEYARD Situation : on the western plateau of Saint-Emilion, in the old parish of Saint-Martin de Mazerat. Surface area : 16,52 ha. Whole estate : 18,50 ha. Soil : chalk with fossilised starfish. Grape varieties : 70% Merlot, 24% Cabernet franc, 6% Cabernet sauvignon. Planting density : 6,600 vines per hectare. Average age of vines : 40 years. Vineyard management : Grass grown between the rows (natural or sown), Bordeaux-style pruning, leaving two basic branches (Mr Cordeau), leaf removal carried out twice, green fruit removal in two campaigns. Harvest : by hand. Yields : controlled to between 30 and 38 hl per hectare. WINEMAKING Fruit screening on three separate tables.(2 before de-stemming, 1 after). Vatting : in stainless steel, temperature controlled, vats and in new barrels (600 litres). Processing of fruit plot by plot. The floating crust is regularly immersed in the must by hand Vatting period : approximately 30 days (between 28° and 32° C) The wine is run-off into barrels without using pumps. AGEING Malolactic fermentation in barrels. 80 to 100 % in new barrels, according to vintage. 16 to 18 months in a cellar at constant temperature of 16 °C. Production : approximately 60.000 bottles. Consultant ?nologist : Laboratoire Rolland (Jean-Philippe Fort).|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Beausejour Becot, F-33330 Saint-Emillion, +33 5 57 74 46 87, www.beausejour-becot.com|