- 91 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "Medium to deep garnet-purple colored, the 2016 Alcee leaps from the glass with notes of blueberry compote, kirsch and black tea plus hints of cigar boxes and lavender. Medium to full-bodied, it completely coats the palate with perfumed red and black fruits framed by firm, grainy tannins, finishing with great length."
- 91 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "Just as it was from barrel, the 2016 Alcée is rich, sumptuous and hedonistic. Red plum, dried herb, cherry, spice, tobacco and iron give the 2016 notable aromatic and flavor complexity. The interplay of dense fruit and persistent tannins makes for a compelling wine that delivers serious intensity at its level. The 2016 is super-ripe and potent, but has enough brightness and overall energy to make for a very complete wine. This is a strong showing from Alcée, Nicolas Thienpont's Côte de Castillon. Tasted two times."
- 91 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin: "The 2016 Alcée, the Castillon Côte de Bordeaux courtesy of Nicolas Thienpont, has an intense yet charming bouquet of brambly red fruit, black tea, cedar and crushed stone aromas. I appreciate the definition and focus here. The palate is medium-bodied with fine-grained tannin, nicely focused and quite rigid at the moment, though there is satisfying fruit concentration. The lovely black-pepper- and allspice-infused finish is very appealing. This will require three or four years in bottle but should mature into a wine that will give two decades of drinking pleasure."
- 90 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "A good quality, rich wine with a sense of drama. It's a touch strong on the extraction but is well held together by the acidity. Plenty of brambly fruit floats through the palate, and it will open up very attractively in a few years' time. Drinking Window 2020 ? 2030"
- 90 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "A blend of Merlot and Cabernet Franc brought up in a mix of tank and wood, the 2016 Château Alcée sports a deep ruby color as well as a beautiful bouquet of black raspberry, spice box, new leather, white truffle and salty minerality. Nicely concentrated, medium-bodied, balanced, and long, it?s unquestionably an outstanding wine."
- 91 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "This is very transparent with fine-grained tannins. Medium-bodied, refined and focused. Shows focus and tension. A blend of 92 per cent merlot and eight per cent cabernet franc. Better after 2021."
|James Suckling:||91 JS|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||90 JD|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||91 RPWA|
|Appellation:||Cotes de Castillon|
|Rebsorte(n):||Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|Empfehlungen:||Bordeaux-Glas; mindestens 30 min. vor dem Genuss dekantieren; bei 16-18 °C; passt sehr gut zu Lammkarree, Kalbssteak und auch zu einem feinen Bergkäse|
|% vol Alk:||14,0|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Alcee, Lauriol, F-33570 Saint-Cibard, 05 57 56 07 47|