- 94 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, William Kelley: "Revealing aromas of pear, preserved citrus and pastry cream, the 2015 Chardonnay Moxee Vineyard is full-bodied, bright and textural, with lovely definition and purity. Effortlessly balanced, it should drink well for the next 6 or 7 years, perhaps longer."
- 93 Punket und "Editor's Choice WINE ENTHUSIAST, Sean P. Sullivan: "The aromas are thoroughly enchanting, with notes of peach, clarified butter, candle wax, mineral, chamomile and lemon rind. It's full bodied and textured, full of stone-fruit flavors with a tropical-fruit-filled finish."
- 92 Punkte WINESPECTATOR: "Precise and graceful, featuring vivid pear and citrus zest flavors, with toasty lees and spice accents that take on richness toward the finish. Drink now through 2022. 593 cases made."
- 92+ Punkte VINOUS, Stephen Tanzer: "(these 39-year-old vines on caliche soil always give a camomile tea note, according to winemaker Brennon Leighton): Bright yellow-gold. Highly aromatic scents of orange zest, fresh peach and camomile suggest a concentrated wine (in fact, two tons per acre is a successful yield here). Densely packed and firmly built, conveying terrific intensity to its flavors of soft citrus fruits, flowers, mint and peach pit minerality. Can't match the Frenchman Hills version for plush mouth feel but this distinctly Burgundy-style Chardonnay finishes even longer. Incidentally, the Moxee Valley ends at Cold Creek Vineyard, about which Leighton says "there's no creek there and it's not cold.""
- 92 Punkte INTERNATIONAL WINEREPORT: "This Chardonnay was sourced from the Moxee Vineyard, which is located at 1,300 feet elevation in the Yakima Valley AVA. The wine was aged in 30% new French oak prior to bottling and begins with inviting aromas of lemon zest and brioche, with a touch of white peach. On the palate displays notable weight and tension, with flavors of vanilla, creme brûlée and banana which are simply delighful and presist through the finsih. A wonderful Chardonnay to approach upon release."
- 94 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "The 2015 Chardonnay Moxee comes from a western slope at 1,550 feet in elevation and limestone soils. This gorgeous effort has a terrific perfume of ripe, pure pineapple and buttered lemon fruit as well as medium to full-bodied richness, a distinct minerality, and a creamy, layered textured. I love its vibrancy, but make no mistake, this is another rich, creamy, classy Chardonnay from this team."
|Wine Enthusiast:||93 WE|
|International Wine Report:||92 IWR|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||94 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||94 JD|
|Region:||Columbia Valley Walla Walla|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Weinkontor Freund GmbH, Nienkamp 17, D-33829 Borgholzhausen|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||K Vintners, 820 Mill Creek Road, Walla Walla, Washington 99362, USA|