- 93 Wine & Spirits Magazine 'Years Best' & 'Best Buy'
- 92 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCTAE, Erin Brooks: "The 2017 Chardonnay Los Alamos Vineyard, made using 15% new oak, has an open nose of toast, hazelnut and river stone with quince, warm white peach, honeycomb, honeysuckle and citrus peel. Light to medium-bodied, it has a wonderful core of warm, savory accented fruits, with juicy acidity and a long, layered finish. Yum! 581 cases produced.
"Actually, it was a nice cool growing season," Gavin Chanin says of the 2017 vintage, "even though we had that historic heat wave. I've never seen anything like it. It was around 120 degrees in Los Alamos. We had just finished picking the Pinot Noir the day before the heat. I had that feeling you get when you’ve almost had an accident and you get that adrenaline rush. I felt like I had avoided disaster. For me, this is an elegant, floral vintage, but you had to beat the heat. I looked at some neighbor's vines after the heat to see the affect—grapes were 2.5 brix higher than they were two days earlier. All my fruit was in except for some Chardonnay, which did fine weathering through that heat. It was Sanford & Benedict vineyard, and it was like 19 or 20 brix before the heat. So it did OK. We picked everything in a week, and all the fruit was in so quick. I would definitely be shocked if it wasn't kind of a tale of two vintages. Similar to 2010, a cool beautiful year but also with a big heat wave." The Chanin wines (3,500 annual case production) incorporate about 10% to 20% new oak across the board, and some whole cluster is used. "I love stems, but I don't want to taste them in the wine," Gavin says. "To me, that would make the wine more about winemaking than site. I enjoy drinking oaky and stemmy wines, but that's not what I'm after for these wines.""
- 93 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Matt Kettmann: "Subtle aromas of nectarine, lemon and pear flesh are pinpoint in precision and utterly pure on the nose of this bottling. The palate is tense in structure yet more generous in flavor that other Chanin bottlings, offering yellow pear, buttered apple, toasted oak and, on the finish, pale-caramel flavors."
- 93 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2017 Chardonnay Los Alamos Vineyard is a very pretty wine. In 2017, Los Alamos Chardonnay has a bit more textural weight than it usually has, which is not a bad thing at all for this wine, which tends to be decidely airy. Lemon confit, white flowers, mint and orchard fruit flavors all flesh out in a very pretty, lively Chardonnay loaded with class."
- 92 Punkte INTERNATIONAL WINEREPORT: "The 2017 Los Alamos Vineyard Chardonnay is another outstanding wine from Gavin Chanin in this vintage. This beautiful Chardonnay comes from the sandy soils of the Los Alamos Vineyard in Santa Barbara, and benefits from its high elevation and cool pacific air. As the wine itself begins to open, it releases gorgeous aromas of Meyer lemon, golden apple, ripe peach and mango, followed by hints of buttered almond and white flowers. It possesses a gorgeous mouth coating texture, with beautiful fruit that is backed by wonderful acidity, keeping it fresh and inviting through the finsih. Overall, this Chardonnay is simply delicious now, yet should continue to drink beautifully for years to come."
- 92 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "Starting out, the 2017 Chardonnay Los Alamos Vineyard comes from the sandy soils of the Los Alamos region and spent 15 months in 10% new French oak. Its medium gold color is followed by a gorgeous bouquet of caramelized stone fruits, white flowers, honeysuckle, and brioche. Rich, medium-bodied, and textured, with good acidity and terrific balance, it's a gem of a Chardonnay to enjoy over the coming 4-5 years."
|Wine Enthusiast:||93 WE|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||92 RPWA|
|International Wine Report:||92 IWR|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||92 JD|
|% vol Alk:||13,0|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||This wine is a brilliant golden straw color with aromas of ocean breeze, and salty shores. There’s a burst of lemon on the nose as well, with hints of pine freshness. On the palate, the citrus is matched with a crème-brulee creaminess to round out the mouthfeel and creates a richness that is decadent, yet still crisp thanks to a brininess that remains through the finish.|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Flint Wines Ltd, 16 Stannary Street, London SE11 4AA, Großbritannien|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chanin Wines, 300 N 12th St, Ste 1c, 93436 Lompoc, USA|
In der aktuellen Sprache gibt es keine Bewertungen.