Lancelot-Pienne Champagne Marie Lancelot 2009 Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru Brut
"... very clear, intense and refined bouquet..."
- 5/5 * Gerhard Eichelmann: „Die Trauben für die Cuvee stammen von Parzellen mit alten Chardonnayreben in Cramant, wurde erstmals 1995 erzeugt, sie wird im Edelstahl ausgebaut. 2010, mit 3 Gramm dosiert, zeigt feine rauchige Noten, weiße und gelbe Früchte, erweckt den Eindruck von Kreide, ist füllig und komplex, kraftvoll, stoffig, mineralisch, enorm lang und nachhaltig. 2009 ist ähnlich druckvoll und mineralisch."
- 93 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Stephan Reinhardt: "Pale golden in color, the rare 2009 Brut Cramant Grand Cru Cuvee Marie Lancelot (only 2,000 bottles made) is sourced from different old vines Chardonnay plots in Cramant, and displays a very clear, intense and refined bouquet of bright flavors such as whitethorn, acacia blossoms, honey, hazelnut, crushed coffee beans, sparkler and chalk. Medium to full-bodied, very pure, elegant and mineral on the dry and creamy textured palate, this great, well-structured and balanced Cramant reveals a very complex, persistent and powerful finish with a lingering salinity. This wine was disgorged in 3/2015 with four grams of dosage.
Based in Cramant, Gilles Lancelot produces bright, fresh, subtle, lovely, pure and delicate Champagnes from 8.5 hectares of vines, of which three hectares are located in the Côte des Blancs with the rest in the southern part of the Marne valley. The parcels are "too small to go organic" (40 in total), but Gilles is as organic as possible, while also protecting his grapes in case their ripening process is threatened by diseases.
"The most important thing is to have good grapes and to control the whole process of grape growing, winemaking and business," Gilles Lancelot stresses. As an enologist, he wants "to control everything." He is the fourth generation of Lancelot-Pienne and has been running the domaine since 2005, after he worked ten years together with his father before.
The Champagnes of Lancelot-Pienne are completely fermented in stainless steel since Gilles Lancelot wants "to keep and to present the personality of our terroirs and of the Chardonnay grape." He also prefers to blend vineyards and vintages with 80% coming from the most recent vintage and 20% of his Réserve perpetuelle (or Solera), which includes 17 vintages.
The style of Champagne Lancelot-Pienne is perfectly dry, pure, very refined, straight and mineral. These are elegant, and rather lean and filigreed than big, mouth-filling Champagnes. But if you prefer light and stimulating Champagnes for the first half of the day (or as aperitif), Lancelot-Pienne offers a lot of bubbling satin to indulge your delights. The vintage Champagnes, if produced, are remarkably fine and complex, and combine their complex mineral nature with deep fruit aromas. The can also age very well."
- Champagner-Spezialist PETER LIEM allgemein: "The Cuvée Marie Lancelot is a vintage-dated blanc de blancs, first created in the 1995 vintage. This comes from a handful of selected parcels, all in the most prestigious sector of Cramant, and while it’s labeled as a brut, its actual dosage is well into extra brut territory, at about 4 g/l."
- Champagner-Spezialist PETER LIEM über den 2008er Jahrgang: "Rating: ** ; This comes from four vineyards in the heart of Cramant, and the grandeur of its terroir is readily apparent, not only in the wine’s intense expression of chalk, but also in its ripe depth of fruit, its sleekly refined build, and its long, elegantly fragrant finish. True to its vintage, there’s plenty of acidity here to keep everything feeling lively and tense, and while there’s an ample presence of fruit, it’s the mineral aromas that persist longer than anything else. This is a thrilling expression of the cru, and anyone interested in the terroir of the Côte des Blancs ought to seek it out. Last tasted: 4/13."
- Gerhard Eichelmann über den 2008er Jahrgang in Magazin WEIN.PUR mit dem Zusatz "!": "CH von alten Reben in Cramant; konzentriert, rauchig, füllig, komplex, lang und nachhaltig."