- 90 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Stephan Reinhardt (10/2015): "Based on the vintages 2010 and 2011, and finally made from 70% Pinot Noir, 15% Chardonnay and 15% Pinot Meunier harvested in the different terroirs of Mareuil, Epernay, Avenay and Festigny, the NV Brut Reserve (disgorged in January 2014 with a dosage of 5 grams per liter) opens with a yeasty, bread bouquet displaying subtle flavors of fresh crushed peanuts, nougat, candied cherries and stewed apples leading to a lovely palate cleanser. This is a medium-bodied yet full-flavored, clear, crisp, dry, well structured and balanced Champagne. The oak barrels in which parts of the vin clair were fermented (fûts de chêne), and the reserve wines were aged (foudres), give rather structure than taste here and make the Réserve Brut not only an excellent aperitif or night bar drink, but also a refreshing food Champagne for lighter dishes.
R(oger) Pouillon is a highly interesting 15 hectares family domaine based in Mareuil-sur-Ay. Operated by Fabrice and Elodie Pouillon in the third generation, the domaine cultivates 68 parcels in total in several villages of the (Petite) Montagne de Reims (Ecueil) and the Marne Valley (Ay, Epernay, Les Mesnil-sur-Oger et al.). They switched to biodynamic farming in 2003 and ferment each parcel on its own partly in oak (tonneaux and pièces), partly in stainless steel. The wines are medium to full-bodied and serious Champagnes that are always clear, well structured and mostly really dry. Some of them would benefit from further bottle age, whereas the wines that were dosed with seven grams are rather fruit-intense and round crowd-pleasers. I would recommend to taste the excellent Réserve Brut and the Solera Brut Premier Cru."
- 17 Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON: "Pinot Noir -dominated blend with a dosage of 7 g/l from a Mareuil grower who has been bottling his own wine for more than 60 years. Very Pinot perfumed and really quite rich and luscious then a dry finish. A good find, this, for those looking for the other side of the coin from a Blanc de blancs. Quite big and bold. GV."
- 4 Sterne GERHARD EICHELMANN: "Sie zeigt gute Konzentration im Bouquet, ist fruchtbetont und klar. Im Mund ist sie fruchtbetont und frisch, herrlich klar und präzise, zupackend und nachhaltig."
- PETER LIEM: "This blend of 70 percent pinot noir, 15 percent chardonnay and 15 percent meunier is full in body, showing dark, earthy notes of cassis and blackberry. It feels stout and a little chunky, although it?s well-balanced at 5 g/l of dosage. Last tasted: 4/13"
- PUNCH Jon Bonné: "Fabrice Pouillon is one of the emerging stars in Mareuil-sur-Aÿ, a town known for generally powerful wines thanks to extra ripeness from its south-facing position on the Marne. His Reserve has that, but it also matches riper pinot noir flavors with a certain chardonnay-like creaminess?a product of malolactic conversion (a rarity in Champagne). That?s balanced by a subtle chalky bite, and added complexity from 30 percent older reserve wine. While it?s mostly made from red grapes, consider it in place of a rich chardonnay with scallop dishes and the like. (Lot CR1611)"
|Inhalt:||0,375 l Demi-bouteille|
|Produkt:||Champagner, Sekt & Co|
|Rebsorte(n):||Chardonnay Pinot Meunier Pinot Noir|
|Jancis Robinson:||17,0 JR|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||90 RPWA|
|% vol Alk:||12,0|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Champagne R. Pouillon & fils, 17 rue d?Ay, F-51160 Mareuil-sur-Ay|