- VINOUS Antonio Galloni: "The 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley) is dark and powerful, with serious intensity. Cathy Corison's wines usually take a long time to come together, but the 2014 is surprisingly approachable. The effects of the drought are felt in the wine's concentration, and yet all the elements are in the right place. Dark red cherry, plum, licorice and menthol infuse the creamy, voluptuous finish. Deceptively medium in body, the 2014 packs a serious punch. Even so, it will drink well with minimal cellaring."
- 95 Punkte DECANTER: "Another classic from Cathy Corison, the 2014 Cabernet displays a pretty bouquet of black cherry, petroleum jelly, cocoa nib and dried rose. On the palate the wine is intense, nicely concentrated and texturally refined, with good depth and a lovely line of bright acidity which lends a crunchy edge to the fruit."
- 17+ Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON: "Very well-formed blackcurrant fruit, heady menthol and cherry notes. Tense, ripe, powerful and savoury. Lots of depth ? worth ageing."
- 95 Punkte INTERNATIONAL WINEREPORT: "Cathy Corison has been on an absolutely incredible run as she is producing some of the most compelling and consistent Cabernet Sauvignon in all of Napa Valley, and her 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon is another simply outstanding effort. As this begins to open it releases a complex range of seductive aromatics, including blackberries and dark currants, which are woven together with spring florals, graphite, spices and crushed stones along with a lovely savory character all taking shape. This well-structured Cabernet continues to impress on the palate with its full-bodied, polished texture and remarkable overall balance and depth, which leads into the long, layered finish. While this is already showing plenty of early appeal, the 2014 is ultimately an age worthy wine, which will thrive in the cellar for well over a decade. (Best 2019-2035)"
- JEB DUNNUCK: "From winemaker Cathy Corison, the straight 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon sports a medium ruby/purple color and offers a very pretty, elegant style in its blue fruits, hints of leafy herbs, and floral aromatics. These give way to a fresh, elegant Cabernet that has light tannin, good concentration, and a balanced, incredibly drinkable style. It should evolve nicely for 15+ years."
- JAMES SUCKLING: "Aromas of wet earth and spices with sweet tobacco and currants. Fresh herbs. Medium body and ultra-fine tannins. Lively and bright. Better in 2020 but already a joy to drink."
|International Wine Report:||95 IWR|
|Jancis Robinson:||17,0 JR|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||2013 was a near-perfect vintage. The weather was ideal for flowering in the spring, which resulted in a plentiful crop, followed by an unseasonably cool summer with highs seldom climbing out of the 80F?s, and nary a heat spike over 95F. The nighttime temperatures were correspondingly chilly, which gave us a firm structure on which to hang the complex flavors. A particularly luscious texture coupled with snappy natural acidity is a delight, providing a yin and yang duality. Aromas and flavors tend toward the dark end of the Cabernet fruit spectrum with blueberries, black cherries, blackberries and dark plums all singing in close harmony. Complexing notes include tobacco, baking spices, chocolate, and savory herbs including sage, thyme and basil. Floral notes of violets and rose petals play with a notable stony minerality in the aromas and long finish. - Cathy Corison|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Kössler & Ulbricht GmbH & Co. KG, Nordostpark 78, 90411 Nürnberg|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Corison Winery, P.O. Box 427, St. Helena, CA 94574, USA|