- VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED in CALIFORNIA GRAPEVINE: ?Medium-dark purplish ruby; attractive, deep, complex, blueberry and blackberry fruit aroma with a note of cassis and hints of dried herbs and vanilla; full body; rich, ripe, textured, well balanced, currant and dark berry fruit flavors with good depth and an expansive, velvety mouthfeel; medium-full to full tannin; lingering aftertaste. Approachable and appealing now, though deserving another five more years of bottle aging. Very highly recommended. 13.9% alcohol; 1,200 cases; 100% Cabernet Sauvignon (CS).?
- Meg Houston Maker, makerstable.com: ?This new vintage has a floral perfume that mingles roses, fennel, and toasted anise seed, and its red currant and cranberry fruits suggest ripeness but not sweetness. The wine feels alive, fresh and vibrant, with a kind of gamine, pliant springiness wrapped around a vital, muscular core. As this wine ages this youthful body will attenuate and sharpen, becoming even more beautiful.?
- Dan Berger?s Vintage Experience: "Fabulous Cab aroma that features dried herbs, red and dark cherries, a hint of plum, and an exotic peppermint aroma. Absolute harmony between all parts?acid, tannin, loads of fruit, no overt oak. The best wine to illustrate the seamlessness we wrote of here last week. Cathy Corison has never wavered in her quest to keep Napa?s historic image alive with utterly classic Cabs. Don?t miss this perfectly balanced wine."
- WINZERIN CATHY CORISON über den Jahrgang: ?Budbreak was delayed by a cold, rainy March in 2012 that gave the vines the water they needed to make the long journey through to autumn without irrigation. A picture-perfect ripening season ensued with moderate highs mostly in the 80°F?s, and nary a heat spike all the way through to picking during the last 2 weeks of September. Just as key, the nights were very cold, frequently dipping down into the 40°F?s. The result was wildly complex flavors and pretty floral perfume complemented by a mineral verve and bright acidity. I love this wine. Light on its feet, it smells of black cherry, blueberry and black currant fruits, violets and loamy earth. Top notes of peppermint and cumin add even more interest. The finish goes on and on.?
- 94 Punkte DECANTER "Kelly's picks": "Aromas of juicy cassis, plum an d tobacco marry with notes of dark chocolate, pot pourri and a judicious framing of new oak. On the palate, the wine is juicy, supple and elegant, complemented by bright acids and fine tannins. Drink 2020-2050."
|International Wine Report:||96 IWR|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur:||Kössler & Ulbricht GmbH & Co. KG, Nordostpark 78, 90411 Nürnberg|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Corison Winery, P.O. Box 427, St. Helena, CA 94574, USA|