- 97 Punkte, Wine Enthusiast, #5 der TOP 100 Cellar Selections 2022: „With the hallmark Bollinger richness that is derived from fermentation in wood and a high percentage of Pinot Noir in the blend, this grand wine is ripe, full of apple and spice flavors.“ It is drinkable now, but still young. Keep until 2024.
- 97 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK (07/22): „Raised entirely in barrel, the 2014 Champagne La Grande Année Brut is all about finesse and capturing the cool, mineral tension and floral notes of the vintage. Enhancing those qualities, a bit higher proportion of Chardonnay was used for this release, making up 39% of the blend. It pours a pale straw, and it is layered and persistent with lightly toasted pastry, Mirabel plum liqueur, and saline. The palate is dry and more tightly wound at this stage, with driving citrus, a chalky texture, and a light phenolic finish. Subtle undercurrents of honey and butterscotch should continue to evolve beautifully over the coming decades.“ Drink 2024-2044. Disgorged December 2021, it has 7 grams per liter of dosage.
Located in Ay, Bollinger was founded in 1829. To mark the 200th anniversary of the house, they have several projects in the works scheduled for completion in 2029, not only to commemorate the occasion but to carry the house into their next chapter. Construction is underway to renovate the Maison Deuil, the long-time private residence on the property, into a 20-room hotel along with a restaurant, which is sure to make a significant impact on the tiny village. A signature of the house is that they have their own cooperage on site to build and maintain their barrels. Gael Chaunut took over the position from Denis Saint Arroman as head cooper for the house in December of 2020. All the wood is sourced from their property in the forest of Cuis. As négociants, they purchase 60% their grapes and own 179 hectares of planted vineyards. Sixty percent of their production is dedicated to Pinot Noir, with 25% to Chardonnay and the remainder to Meunier. The inaugural release of 2012 La Côte Aux Enfants is the second single-parcel bottling from the house and completes the collection of Pinot Noir Champagnes alongside the PN Series and Vieilles Vignes Françaises. Stylistically, the Vieille Vignes Françaises remains the richest and most powerful wine in the range, with an emphasis on the concentration of its fruit from the ungrafted vines of Clos Saint Jacques.
Bewertungen für 2012:
- 95 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, William Kelley: "Disgorged in July 2019, Bollinger's 2012 Brut La Grande Année is showing well, offering up an incipiently complex bouquet of crisp yellow orchard fruit, fresh peach, orange oil, toasted walnuts and dried apricot that's still quite reserved with less than a year on cork. Full-bodied, deep and muscular, the 2012 is blockier and broader-shouldered than its 2008 predecessor, with a weightier and even more concentrated palate built around a bright spine of acidity, concluding with a chalky finish that carries appreciably dry extract. This isn't quite as elegant as the exquisite 2008, but it is a superb effort and obviously built to age."
- 97 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, Alison Napjus: "This goes from zero to 60 right out of the gate, with an intense spine of acidity driving tightly meshed flavors of crushed black currant, ground coffee, candied grapefruit peel and toasted almond. The profile expands on the palate, carried by the fine, raw silk–like mousse. Richly aromatic and expressive from start to lasting, spiced finish. Disgorged July 2019. Drink now through 2037."
- 94 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2012 Grande Année is vibrant and wonderfully nuanced. Citrus peel, orchard fruit, brioche, dried flowers and chamomile are all finely knit in a Grand Année built on energy and persistence more than size. Readers will find a restrained Grand Année in 2012. There is plenty of the textural richness that is such a signature of the house style, but I am also struck by the wine's freshness. Best of all, the 2012 will drink well right out of the gate. It is quite expressive today, even in the early going. (Originally published in August 2020)"
- 97 Punkte FALSTAFF, Peter Moser: "Helles Gelbgrün, Silberreflexe, feines anhaltendes Mousseux. Zarte Nuancen von frischer Birne und gelben Ringlotten, ein Hauch von Kirschen und Grapefruitzesten, Noten von feinem Karamell und Limoncino. Saftig, sehr komplex, dreidimensionaler Körper am Gaumen, finessenreiche Säurestruktur, lebendig, mit einem salinen Touch im Abgang, präziser, vinöser Stil, ausgestattet mit feiner Fruchtsüße und großer Länge."
- 93 Punkte DECANTER, Simon Field: "Texture is key here, with a fruit basket of indulgence tempting the senses, the predominant Pinot Noir adding plums, cherry and hints of cedar to the creamy, toasty core that has been bequeathed by the barrel fermentation. Energetic, vital and brimming with potential, its 8g/l of sugar is lightly worn. This is a seductive Grande Année, hard to resist in its youth but far from lacking gravitas and matière to secure a happy development. Drinking Window 2020 – 2030"
- 17,5+ Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON: "65% Pinot Noir, 35% Chardonnay. 21 crus: mainly Aÿ and Verzenay for the Pinot Noir, Le Mesnil-sur-Oger and Oiry for the Chardonnay. All base wines aged in old oak and riddled and disgorged by hand. Dosage 8 g/l. Disgorged in May 2019.
Bright crème pâtissière nose with notes of Cox's orange pippin apple and lots of development. Really quite arresting. Much drier on the palate than the nose suggests, with a certain steeliness. Bone-dry finish but lots of substance on the mid palate. More recognisably Bollinger on the palate than the surprisingly rich, flirtatious nose, presumably informed by the vintage. Low-key mousse. This is clearly a long-distance runner."
|Wine Enthusiast:||97 WE|
|Produkt:||Champagner, Sekt & Co|
|Rebsorte(n):||Chardonnay Pinot Noir|
|Champagner spezifisch:||Jahrgangs Champagner|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||97 JD|
|Reben:||61% Pinot Noir, 39% Chardonnay|
|% vol Alk:||12,0|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||21 crus: Mainly Aÿ and Verzenay for the Pinot Noir, Le Mesnil-sur-Oger and Oiry for the Chardonnay. Fermented entirely in barrels. At Bollinger, only very high quality harvests become a vintage: the exceptional 2012 vintage led to Bollinger creating expressive wines that were simultaneously full, fresh and complex. Maturation Sealed with a natural cork and cellar aged for more than twice the time required by the appellation. To the eye Its delicate colour and golden reflections are a sign of the wine’s maturity and Bollinger’s wine-making methods To the nose Full and expressive. Apricot, almond and hazelnut, followed by notes of honey and cereals intertwining in a symphony of aromas. On the palate Exceptional texture and structure. Dense, silky with a long finish. Fresh and full with a delicious refined finish.|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Champagne Bollinger, 16, rue Jules-Lobet – B.P.4, F-51160 Aÿ|
Es gibt noch keine Bewertungen.