- 92 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Erin Brooks: "The 2016 Chardonnay Sanford & Benedict 31st Vintage Celebration has a soft nose of white peach, crushed shell, lemon cream, hazelnut and white flowers with quince peel. Medium to full-bodied, it has a good fruit core with some new oak nuance in the mouth?nutmeg and toast?with great juicy acidity and a long, textured finish."
- 92 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Matt Kettmann: "This is winemaker Jim Clendenen's take on the region's most important vineyard. It is light in the glass yet with savory aromas of chalk, butter, hazelnut and sandalwood. Rounded flavors of lemon, honeydew and orange cream lead into a caramelized finish."
- 90 Punket WINESPECTATOR, Kim Marcus: "Voluptuous apple pastry and baked pear flavors are well-structured and filled with toasty and creamy notes. Candied quince accents linger on the rich finish. Drink now through 2021. 200 cases made."
- 95 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2016 Chardonnay Sanford & Benedict Vineyard - 31st Vintage is a bottling from the second of the two picks Jim Clendenen did at S&B. Bright, fresh and translucent, the 2016 is remarkably refined for such a rich wine. Orchard fruit, citrus and floral notes take on uncanny shades of dimension in this positively stunning Chardonnay from Au Bon Climat. The 2016 saw 100% new oak, all 350-liter barrels."
- 17,5 Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON, Richard Hemming: "Much more sophisticated than their Wild Boy, laced with steely, almost rusty reductive notes on the nose. Tangy green fruit on the palate, toasted bread and charcoal on the palate with a long, mealy finish. Perhaps just a little low in acidity on the finish, but it?s completely forgivable as an authentic West Coast resident ? but I?d drink this now, rather than keeping it."
- 92 Punkte INTERNATIONAL WINEREPORT: "This Chardonnay from Au Bon Climat is absolutely beautiful. Jim Clendenen has been working with the historic Sanford & Benedict since the mid 80's and has access to the original plantings over the past 30 plus years. This gorgeous Chardonnay begins with inviting aromas of ripe pear, citrus, quince and white peach along with honeysuckle, crushed almond, and wild lavender. On the palate, this possesses a soft, creamy texture, backed by lots of ripe orchard fruits, citrus and honey flavors, backed by a burst of bright acidity that puts everything into balace as it heads into the finish. This will benifit from another year or two in the bottle and should then flourish over the next decade."
|Wine Enthusiast:||92 WE|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||92 RPWA|
|International Wine Report:||92 IWR|
|Jancis Robinson:||17,5 JR|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Kössler & Ulbricht GmbH & Co. KG, Nordostpark 78, 90411 Nürnberg|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Au Bon Climat, P.O. Box 998, Santa Maria, CA 93456, USA|